PDA

View Full Version : T9s in game with maniacs

zoobird
01-13-2004, 04:38 PM
As a general rule, what should be done with good drawing hands (such as T9s) in a game with maniacs. Assuming that if I call there will be a raise, re-raise, etc. what should I do?

fluff
01-13-2004, 04:44 PM
With T9s you want a multiway pot, and see the flop cheaply.

If you call, and there will be a raise and a re-raise, and only 3 people (you, and the 2 raisers), you should probably just muck PF.

Ideally you want to be in late position to play T9s anyway, so you already have a good idea how much it's going to cost you to see the flop, and how many people are going to be in it with you.

zoobird
01-13-2004, 04:46 PM
I think I did a lousy job explaining what I'm asking. Lets say I know that I'm at a table full of maniacs. Everyone will raise at every possible opportunity. So there's going to be enough people in, but it will be expensive to see the flop. What should I do with my T9s?

ChipWrecked
01-13-2004, 06:08 PM
If you're willing to take the hits to your bankroll when you miss, play them. You will have the odds to draw if you have enough opponents. It really comes down to your own stomach for variance. If you can't tolerate much, you probably want to look for a less aggressive game.

Tosh
01-14-2004, 06:36 AM
If its regularly 3+ bets, muck.