PDA

View Full Version : My Thoughts on the Title Games...

Big Al
01-13-2004, 12:07 PM
Here are my thoughts on the 2 conference title games:

Indy at N.E. -3 1/2: Very tough game to call. Indy offense clicking on all cylinders going against a good defense. I think this game could go either way and my advice is to stay away.

Carolina at Philly -4 1/2: This is the game I like this week (surprise, right?). I like Carolina in this spot for basically the same reasons I liked them last week against the Rams. I also like them with the points and on the money line (+175). I do think they are in a bit tougher spot this week as Reid is a way better coach than Martz, and you have to think the Eagles are going to break thru one time in the conference game. Other side of the coin is the Eagles could be tight in this spot, one of those teams that always just comes up short in this spot. Overall though, Carolina still has the best defense of the final four and their offense has come together at the right time. I will be taking the points and betting the money line also, although not quite as heavy as I did last week. Best of luck.--Big Al--

SlipFits
01-13-2004, 07:58 PM

kdog
01-13-2004, 10:24 PM
Carolina has the best defense of the final four? The best line maybe but NE gave up less yds/game, had more int's, forced fumbles, sacks and defensive TD's. And they gave up 66 less points in the conference with more explosive offenses too.

No given that either of these two make the Super Bowl as they both have their toughest test to date on Sunday but if they do meet New England wins it. They may not cover but they win.