PDA

View Full Version : Question for Mikey

08-12-2002, 01:54 PM
I read one of your old posts where you were setting up a tourney. What format did you eventually use ? Did you beat the shlepps like you wanted to ? I would like to set up a home tourney for fifteen players, I am not yet sure what format we will use.

08-13-2002, 07:40 AM
I made the blinds real low for the first 3 hours......., this way I let them beat each other up, while I sat and watched.

We each cashed in $100 of chips and I made the blinds $1-$2 for about 3 hours.

The sad truth is, i got outdrawn and did not win.

All in all it was a good tourney.

But if you keep the blinds small for a long time, chances are, you can play your premium hands....anyone trying to steal the blinds is bound to run into a montster.

-I hope this helps.

Sad truth is though, I got outdrawn and came in 4th so even with all the preliminary steps you take, you can still be outdrawn an lose, but hey if you can make something towards your advantage do it.

08-13-2002, 08:24 AM
4th ??? Maybe you were not so much better than the other players after all. How many people were in it ?

08-13-2002, 04:57 PM
You said you consistently beat these guys....right...what are you taking off them every week ??? Do you keep records ? Can I join in on the fun ?

08-14-2002, 12:42 AM
Yeah 4th, do you want to know how I went out....

I'll be glad to tell you

I have A9

Flop is 9 7 4

My opp has 9K

Turn, River K K

Kings Full beats a pair of 9's Ace Kicker doesn't it.

08-14-2002, 12:49 AM
I take enough in a week to buy myself a pizza pie and if I do exceptionally well, I get toppings.