PDA

View Full Version : Weak postflop ?

Trix
01-13-2004, 10:38 AM
Im Dealth red 9s on the button(PP 0.5/1)
UTG1 folds, UTG2 Raise,5 Folds, I Raise(Hoping to get heads up vs 2 big cards), Blinds fold, UTG2 Caps, I Call.
Flop: 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
He bets, I call(This is where i should raise right?, even though preflop cap could mean TT-AA)
If i had raised and he had reraised, whats the move then?.
Turn: 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
He bets, I call.
River: T /images/graemlins/club.gif
He bets, I call.

Results in white <font color="white"> He Shows AQo and I take it home.

daveymck
01-13-2004, 10:45 AM
I would probably have folded this preflop, 10's I would act as you did but 9's I think is too weak against an EP raiser unless you know he has very low raising standards.

Once the flop came you had no idea where you were, if you planned to play the hand raise the flop, and if he reraised then get out without having to pay the two big bets.

If after the raise he goes into check call mode you are probably ahead if he bets into you again then you are probably beat as well.

Lost Wages
01-13-2004, 10:56 AM
Preflop I would just fold in this spot. If there had been several coldcallers then just calling would be OK. A typical player would open raise AA/KK/QQ/JJ/TT/AK/AQ/AJs/KQs UTG+1. You are a huge dog to the pairs and a slight favorite to the non-pairs. The net result is that you are about a 3:2 underdog to this range of hands. The only time I would 3 bet here is if UTG+1 would raise with a wide range of hands. Against an unknown it a fold.

On the flop you should raise. If reraised, fold against a typical player. If just called, keep betting.

Lost Wages

Trix
01-13-2004, 11:11 AM
I dont think u can put it like that...since the chance of beeing death AKo and AQo is bigger than beeing dealth the pairs, so you cant say there is an equal chance that he will have either one of those hands.

Lost Wages
01-13-2004, 11:20 AM
Download PokerStove (http://www.pokerstove.com) . Against this range of hands you are a 61:39 underdog in a showdown simulation. Yes there are more ways he can have a nonpair but you are much more behind to the pairs than you are ahead of the nonpairs. The net result is that you are significantly behind. You do have position but 99 is going to be difficult to play postflop because you will almost always have to contend with overcards.

Raising is certainly better than calling headsup but folding is clearly best.

Venlig Hilsen,
Lost Wages

Trix
01-13-2004, 11:52 AM
"Venlig Hilsen"
Nice ^^