PDA

View Full Version : Thief!!! He done tried to steal my blinds! :)

AviD
01-12-2004, 07:03 PM
This was pretty funny...but everyone folded to him in the SB and he hesitated just long enough to make me suspicious...so I wanted to see how serious he was. Pretty funny hand...and yeah I would fold this 99.9% of the time, just felt like he was trying to steal with nothing.

Party Poker 0.50/1 (9 handed)
AviD has 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is BB

Button folds, SB raises, AviD 3-bets, SB calls

Flop(6 SB): 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB bets, AviD raises, SB calls

Turn(8 BB): J/images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, AviD bets, SB calls

River(10 BB): 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, AviD checks

SB turns over 46 of spades, and I took it down with a "nice aggressive defense" from the SB.

bunky9590
01-12-2004, 07:08 PM
He decided to steal with nothing and you defended with , let me see............ LESS THAN NOTHING!

When you stop looking at your blind bet as "yours" you'll make a lot better decisions in the blinds.

AviD
01-12-2004, 07:15 PM
Like I said, 99.9% of the time this is getting mucked. I wanted to have fun with the thief and see what he had.

I don't think his raise was warranted, and felt he was completely on a steal...but I didn't have much to defend with (obviously). So I understand the clarify of your point (long run profitability, etc, etc)...but I treated this as a "fun" exception with the willingness to lose the hand. Whether I took it down or not was moot for me in this particular hand.

My post was for the purpose of humor, not to suggest nor recommend anyone attempt it as a winning strategy, simply and obviously because it is not.

Trix
01-12-2004, 07:18 PM
Why didnt u bet the river ?

AviD
01-12-2004, 07:24 PM
LOL, I guess at that point I wasn't willing to invest anymore and wanted to see what he had. I tried to push him off and he wasn't going anywhere...and I figured I was behind (the whole time).

John Deere
01-12-2004, 08:40 PM
You should really donate that $7 to charity.

JDErickson
01-12-2004, 09:07 PM
In the right circumstance I don't think this is a bad play. Last night I had the guy to my right constantly trying to steal blinds. I normally let it go if I have junk. I time I got sick of it and defended "vigorously" with J6s. We ended up spliting an unimproved pot, he had J8o, but it got the message across. Lay off,and he did.

I don't think you should do this all the time and I normally won't but in this circumstance it helped.

Jim

bisonbison
01-12-2004, 09:09 PM
It's okay, nykenny would have raised for value on all streets.