PDA

View Full Version : in the BB with the AA

jdl22
01-12-2004, 06:35 PM
This was the second hand I played at a party .5/1 so I had no good reads I was in the BB and dealt A /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Preflop:
UTG limps, EP1 limps, EP2 raises, MP1 calls cold, MP2 folds, LP folds, button calls, SB calls, I 3 bet, UTG calls, EP1 calls, EP2 caps it, MP1 calls, button calls, SB folds, I call, UTG and EP1 call
in summary 6 to the flop with $12.25 in the pot (if I added correctly).

flop: J /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I bet out, UTG folds, EP1 calls, EP2 raises, MP1 folds, button calls, I 3 bet, EP1 folds, EP2 calls, Button calls
so now we have 3 to the turn with 22 sb by my count.

turn: 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif[J /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif]
I bet, other two call

River: 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif[8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif]
I check, EP2 bets, button folds, I call

Results to follow.

Any thoughts?

daveymck
01-12-2004, 06:50 PM
The worry is obviously JJ or KK or 99 but the way he played it I suspect he had AK. Dont see how you could have played it different except bet out on river he went into calling down mode after your three bet. From your point of view bet all the way, had he came back at you I would be worried about the JJ or 99 and would maybe go check call but he didnt, so either he doesnt have it or he thinks you have pocket kings.

Ric
01-12-2004, 06:52 PM
Preflop: Good
Flop: Good, you regained control with the 3 bet
Turn: Still nothing really to indicate you're behind
River: I think you should bet out here. I don't see why he would be hanging on to a T or TT given the preflop and flop action, but you never know. Am I wrong here?

I hope you're not shown TT JJ or KK. Those are the only hands I'd think EP2 would have to cap it if he's reasonable. I'm thinking JJ most likely since he didn't cap it on the flop. AK could be a possibility.

stoxtrader
01-12-2004, 07:03 PM
two things -

1) your 2nd hand at the table was in the BB? that would mean you posted UTG - avoid this in the future since its close to a waste of a SB. simply sit out one hand and post in the BB

2) I think you played it fine - I doubt a set beat you, you would have been re-raised on the turn I think, unless EP2 was going for the overcall, which would have been a mistake with that draw happy board. My initial reaction was that you should have check raised the river, but i think it's close - I would guess you have AK or KQ beat, but would say it's 60/40 with 40 being you're beat by an over aggressive pre-flop KJ. I'd be surprised if someone rivered the straight with a 10.

stox.

jdl22
01-12-2004, 07:12 PM
My memory was a little off. It was the second hand I actually played, not my second at the table. I posted when the button passed me, checked that hand and folded the rest until the bb hit me.

jdl22
01-13-2004, 06:46 PM
He had pocket tens.

My next question is how did he play his hand. I think that capping preflop was too aggressive but I'm not sure. Do you guys cap it preflop with only pocket tens? Raising on the flop with two overs and 3 to a straight doesn't seem good either although he got information out of it. The call on the turn with 10 outs seems obvious since the pot was enormous.

What do you think?

MrBlini
01-13-2004, 07:35 PM
With so many seeing the flop, capping preflop with pocket tens seems fine here. If he hits his set, the rest of the table is going to put a lot of money in chasing the big pot.

EP2's flop play seems way too aggressive to me. I think EP2's holdings are absolutely terrible on the flop. I don't know if EP2 should even continue with the hand.