PDA

View Full Version : Another flopped trips hand...Jacks this time

bdk3clash
01-12-2004, 04:21 PM
Of particular interest to me are opinions regarding my preflop limp and my turn play. This table was on the loose-passive side, especially preflop.

Would anyone have played the turn differently? If so, why?

The river seemed straightforward enough--I probably would have 3-bet if given the opportunity. (And yes, I would have called if he had capped. /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Also, what did my opponent have?

Party Poker 1/2 (10 handed)
bdk3clash has J/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif and is EP1

bdk3clash limps, MP1 limps, MP2(poster) checks, MP3 limps, CO limps, Button folds, SB folds, BB checks

Flop(6 SB): 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB checks, bdk3clash bets, MP1 raises, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, BB folds, bdk3clash 3-bets, MP1 calls

Turn(6 BB): A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

bdk3clash bets, MP1 raises, bdk3clash 3-bets, MP1 calls

River(12 BB): K/images/graemlins/spade.gif

bdk3clash bets, MP1 calls

Results below in white:
<font color="white">MP1 had 8d6d for the turned flush. Guess I got lucky. Given his raise on the flop, I just didn't put him on the flush draw and figured I had him outkicked.</font>

ProfLupin
01-12-2004, 04:52 PM
Before I read the results, I had him pegged for a non-nut flush. His flop raise makes a lot of sense because with the board paired, it's less likely someone has a jack. When you reraise, he goes into check/call mode hoping for his diamond. When he gets it he raises you again but slows down to your turn raise because it was a baby flush, not a big one.

Going into the turn, he is almost cirtain you have a jack, so when he raises you on the turn, I would call rather than raise. Then check-raise the river when you hit your boat. As it is, you made the same ammount.

Trix
01-12-2004, 05:13 PM
maybe he raised flop to get a free turn card and get big diamonds to fold. if i thought of this i wouldnt 3bet turn...
what hands do u think he raise on the turn with after he is 3bet on the flop, besides the flush ?