PDA

View Full Version : 2 hands

JeanieJ
01-12-2004, 06:28 AM
Hand 1:

3/6 game, I pick up 77 one off the button, one MP limper, SB raises, MP calls, I call. Flop comes 632r, SB bets, MP calls, I raise, both call. Turn is a 2. SB bets, MP calls, I call (???). River is a Q completing the rainbow. SB bets, MP calls, I raise both call. Neither show their cards but my 77 holds up.

My question is was my raise after the flop good? If reraised should I fold. I believe it gave me a good hand read after no reraise, my opinion is sb had AK and MP had A6s or A3s. Should I have raised the turn? Was my raise on the river a good play as I believe no one is fishing for a Q this late?

Hand 2:

After playing the last hand, the very next time I get the SB I get dealt AQs, my problem here is I think I was on tilt (having little confidence in the SB) after winning that hand seeing the SB's hand go to nothing. Should AQ be raised in SB after 5 limpers? Obviously I won the hand with a Q on the flop or I'm not sure I would be asking this. I unlike my opponent though will not bet out just because I raised, I will either check-call or check-fold.

onegymrat
01-12-2004, 01:43 PM
Hi Jeanie,

[ QUOTE ]
Should AQ be raised in SB after 5 limpers?

[/ QUOTE ]Though some may disagree, I feel that AQs is a great drawing hand, and when you have the worst position and need to improve to win, completing the SB is the best move. In a different position, say LP or first to enter, a raise is routine for me. Good luck.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-12-2004, 01:53 PM
Hand 1:
If I were reraised on the flop, I would probably fold. I would flat call the turn and flat call the river when SB continued to bet into me. He might be trying to push you off your hand holding something like AK, but he also might be holding an overpair to the flop, in which case he has you beat.

Hand 2:
Here's how I'd probably play this hand as of right now in my development. Raise pre-flop, lead out if an A or Q hits, lead out if you flop your flush, checkraise if you flop a four-flush, and check/fold if the flop misses you completely.

ScottTheFish
01-12-2004, 02:03 PM
I don't think I cold call 2 holding 77 and ond only 2 others in the pot. 77 won't win often enough to play it for a raise unless there are a lot of people in the pot, IMO.

Clarkmeister
01-12-2004, 02:14 PM
Hi Jeanie,

On hand 1 you should raise 77 in the CO after one limper. You want the button out of the picture. Ideally the blinds fold, but even if they don't it's not the end of the world.

On hand 2 you must raise AQs in the SB against any number of limpers. AQo is much closer and depends on several factors. But suited you absoultely need to raise preflop here. It is a significant mistake to just complete the SB.

Clarkmeister
01-12-2004, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I cold call 2 holding 77 and ond only 2 others in the pot. 77 won't win often enough to play it for a raise unless there are a lot of people in the pot, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Though she doesn't make it clear, it appears that MP limped, she limped in the CO and then the SB raised. I don't think she coldcalled.

ScottTheFish
01-12-2004, 04:36 PM
Ah ok. I didn't notice it was SB who raised. Easy call then.