PDA

View Full Version : T9s multiway

Schneids
01-12-2004, 03:45 AM
Before we get into hand, I have to add that at this table I felt very comfortable that by limping utg with T9s the pot would be multiway. This was my judgment call so let's not debate about whether T9s utg is profitable or not.

Party Poker 1/2 (10 handed)
Hero has T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif and is UTG

Hero limps, EP1 limps, EP2 limps, MP1 limps, MP3 limps, CO(poster) raises, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls, EP1 calls, EP2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls

Flop(16 SB): 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, EP1 folds, EP2 raises, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, SB folds, BB calls, Hero 3-bets, EP2 calls, MP1 calls, BB calls

=====> Do you agree with the 3-bet here? I felt doing so was necessary to help me better define my opponent's hand.

Turn(14 BB): Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks, Hero bets, EP2 calls, MP1 calls, BB folds

River(17 BB): 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero bets... Results to follow.

=====> What are your thoughts about the river bet? Bet and fold to a raise? Bet and call a raise? Check and call a bet? I was pretty certain that MP1 would only raise me if he had me beat. EP2, I was not so sure about.

daveymck
01-12-2004, 06:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
=====> Do you agree with the 3-bet here? I felt doing so was necessary to help me better define my opponent's hand.

=====> What are your thoughts about the river bet? Bet and fold to a raise? Bet and call a raise? Check and call a bet? I was pretty certain that MP1 would only raise me if he had me beat. EP2, I was not so sure about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whilst I think the three bet on the flop was fine, three people came with you so a decent bet for value I dont think it defined anyones hand, ok the flop raiser did not cap which makes me think he maybe has A10 or K10 or he has a flush draw. As the others were in for two bets they were calling another bet so you got no information and you were not going to thin the field.

With the size of the pot I think you have to showdown, I suspect that the river card may have screwed you and with only 10 high flush I would probably go into check call mode as I dont really want to put in two bets and definatley do not want to contemplate folding to a raise. Be interesting to see the results.

ramjam
01-12-2004, 07:00 AM
With the pot that big, there is no way I could bet and fold to a raise - I'd have to pay off.

There are three spades that beat you but only one or two of those would raise. There are four spades that you beat - any or all of which are likely to call with such a large pot at stake but are unlikely to bet if checked to. Again, given the pot size, a bet could collect a call from a decent non-flush hand that would definitely not bet if you checked. On the other hand, the bigger spades should be more likely to be out there and calling the turn than the smaller spades. But betting has the advantage that you probably force Js and maybe Ks into calling rather than giving them the option of betting for value if checked to.

Overall, there might be a sliver of value in betting.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-12-2004, 01:37 PM
I like the flop 3-bet...you have 13 or 14 outs to improve on the turn, of which 12 are likely clean (another T may give somebody trips with a better kicker, but any 9 or spade most likely gives you the best hand). If you can kill single overcards and single big spades here, it's to your advantage.

I'd probably check/call the river, but there's no way I'm folding this hand. You'll be raised if you're beat, and I think you have little to gain by betting out.

Schneids
01-12-2004, 11:13 PM
Boring results. Both players folded to my river bet.

Tosh
01-13-2004, 07:35 AM
In some games I might check call this river. You might get someone to take a pop at you that would have folded.

Joe Tall
01-13-2004, 08:29 AM
3-betting the flop is perfect. Top-pair and a 4-flush is a great place to build a pot with so many outs, if you don't have the best hand already.

River:
Check call vs 2 opponents isn't out of the question. The pot is too big to fold to a raise so I think check-calling may be the better option.

Peace,
Joe Tall