PDA

View Full Version : Two no-limit hands from a neophyte

SoCalPat
01-12-2004, 02:29 AM
No limit ring isn't my game, but I figure, not everyone surfs, but I bet a lot of people get their feet wet along the Banzai Pipeline. As long as you know what you can get away with ...

Anyway, I would like some feedback on two hands I played today.

Hand No. 1, Paradise NL $50. Lotsa limping going on, with very little PF raising, most of it coming from a player across the table.

I'm dealt 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif on the button and limp behind three others. SB folds, BB gets a freebie.

FLOP 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet $3 and get two callers, one being the BB. This leaves me with around $13, and I tell myself if a blank falls on the turn, that I'm pushing all-in.

TURN: J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Close enough -- except for 9T. If they've got it, more power to them. I push all-in, and take down the pot. I guess my big question here is, do I want two other people seeing the river for a moderate price, or do I want to put them in a position of rolling the dice? The other two players involved had roughly 2-3X my stack size.

Hand No. 2

I'm dealt Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif UTG and open raise to $4. I get one caller two seats to my left. He's got about double my stack size.

FLOP: 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet $5, and a call.

TURN: 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check (bad move?) and my opponent bets $6. I call (another bad move?).

RIVER: 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Check, check, and the ladies are good.