PDA

View Full Version : what is a kill game and...

08-05-2002, 03:46 PM
are there any books that talk about strategy changes.

thanks

08-05-2002, 03:57 PM
A kill game essentially doubles the limit after various conditions are met. The most common is a single player wins multiple pots in a row. For the next hand (provided that another player besides the one that just won multiple pots in which the action can continue at the 'kill' limits) the limits of the game are doubled.

So, if you're playing a $3/6 structured HE and a player wins 2 pots in a row the kill is on. The table limit because $6/12 structured for the next hand.

There really isn't any additional strategy involved in the game. You're simply playing at a higher limit.

I guess the best advice would be to not overplay when the limits are higher as you obviously are risking more $$. In fact, unless you are just in the mood to gamble I really wouldn't change my play at all while the kill was on.

However, if the table gets real loose but not too aggressive when the kill is on and everyone limps in - you probably should as well with any reasonable hand.

Good Luck!

08-05-2002, 04:43 PM

08-07-2002, 02:39 AM
anon,

I was wondering about strategy changes also. It seems that when you have won the previous pot, so if you win the next pot, and will have to post the kill blind, you should be much more conservative about playing the next hand. Likewise, if someone is in late position having won the previous hand, it makes it more likely that they will fold, so you can steal a little more liberally.

When you are playing a kill pot, I think that you have to play your normal game, but the position of the killer can have some affect on how the hand plays out. If he is in early position, it is like playing with three blinds, in late position like having a late post in, and how well you handle those blind situations should determine how aggressive you are.

Good luck,

Play well,

Bob T.