PDA

View Full Version : How much to me...with a touch of bad beat

Mike Gallo
01-11-2004, 10:56 PM
I had the following hand earlier today at the Borgata. The hand took place in a $6-$12 game. I had a very tight aggressive image. I did not play many hands, and the ones I had played I had won with.

Four limpers to me on the button and I raise with K /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif The blinds fold and everyone else calls.

Flop A J 2 rainbow

Checked to a player who says " How much to me?" the dealer tells him $6 and he says, I check. Checked to me and I avoid the check raise and check behind.

Turn 2 A J 2

Checked to person who asked how much to me, he bet $12. Folded to me and I call. Heads up.

River K 2 A J 2

Opponent bets, I raise. He laughs and says "Kings huh"? and calls. I turn over my Kings and he had A 2 suited.

Talk about a bad beat /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Anyone fold the turn, or bet the flop? Did I deserve the berating I got for the next entire orbit. I had to lower my head and not say anything. I know I "got" lucky. I did not need him knowing I knew.

Joe Tall
01-12-2004, 08:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone fold the turn, or bet the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I go into Call down as you did. I check the flop with the information you've obtained. I've seen it too often when a player asks that to the dealer and bets his top pair.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Mike Gallo
01-12-2004, 09:23 AM
I've seen it too often when a player asks that to the dealer and bets his top pair.

As soon as he asked "how much to me?" on the flop, I figured him for an ace. I knew he wanted to check raise.

After he missed the check raise on the flop, I felt that I had a bargain on the turn.

Joe Tall
01-12-2004, 09:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
After he missed the check raise on the flop, I felt that I had a bargain on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've folded to the 'Ask to me'-bet on the flop in this situation, especially with callers inbetween.

As for possible-miss, strange action, etc, I go into call down.

Peace,
JT

CrackerZack
01-12-2004, 12:10 PM
I'd bet and fold to the nearly obvious coming check raise. If you're 100% sure he has an A and will check raise, check and fold to the turn bet.

Allan
01-12-2004, 12:23 PM
After you totally outplay him on the flop why can't this simply be folded?

Allan

Mike Gallo
01-12-2004, 12:24 PM
I'd bet and fold to the nearly obvious coming check raise. If you're 100% sure he has an A and will check raise, check and fold to the turn bet.

I know I know, however I had to see /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Mike Gallo
01-12-2004, 12:29 PM
After you totally outplay him on the flop why can't this simply be folded?

Because I wanted to add injury to insult and river him /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Good question, one I cannot answer, hence my post.