PDA

View Full Version : BOSS KO/Bad Beat/Rant Thread

crockpot
01-11-2004, 09:52 PM
don't see one of these yet, so i guess it's up to me.

let the games begin!

ElSapo
01-11-2004, 09:54 PM
Computer crashing, date ongoing (she's making dessert now)...

Advantage Rkiray.

ThrillFactor
01-11-2004, 09:56 PM
Making dessert or IS dessert?

MaxPower
01-11-2004, 09:59 PM

crockpot
01-11-2004, 10:33 PM
i just laid one on gomez after runner-runnering a flush against his queens. poor bastard never saw it coming.

ThrillFactor
01-11-2004, 10:40 PM
didn't think that it would take that long - wasn't disappointed /images/graemlins/confused.gif Very different from the limp-fest I'm used to at .5/1 - highly aggressive and deceptive at times. Anyway, my AJo from the sb ran into JTo in the big and a straight, lasted 35 minutes. Will have to get in some tourney practice before next time, too. Good luck to all...

crockpot
01-11-2004, 10:41 PM
well, that was fast. i guess it wasn't meant to be.

good luck to the 26 who bested me.

ThrillFactor
01-11-2004, 10:43 PM

jstnrgrs
01-11-2004, 10:55 PM
well, I finished 22. We should definatly do that again sometime.

Joe Tall
01-11-2004, 10:55 PM
I knew I was dead money tonight. I lost a good chunk of my stack when I folded to a raise on the river holding KK when an Ace hit.

Stu, I think, showed 86 for bottom pair which he did raise preflop from EP. Great play, Stu.

I should have never even thought about playing, but I couldn't miss it, it was fun.

Peace,
Joe Tall

bisonbison
01-11-2004, 10:56 PM
I was briefly in the chip lead, and then 2 terrible hands got me out. In one I called MrJones' raise with QJs and flopped a J. He had KJ, and when I made 2 pair on the river, he made a straight.

Then two hands later, Matsui's ATo beat my AQo when a T flopped. Argh. I was all over the map on my play in this one. I'd do this weekly tho.

rkiray
01-11-2004, 11:02 PM
You should have seen how Bob t Put Stu out.

Brian
01-11-2004, 11:02 PM
Once he had AJs, the other I am not sure, but the Turn brought an Ace and I bet, he raised, and I folded.

-Brian

Joe Tall
01-11-2004, 11:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You should have seen how Bob t Put Stu out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well? You going to leave me hangin'?

Please tell,
JT

stantheman
01-11-2004, 11:09 PM
I'm out 16th. Stylish crippled me with a flush in a blind battle, 2400 pot. Was fun, good luck all.

Stu Pidasso
01-11-2004, 11:10 PM
STU had AA
Bob had JJ

The river was a J of course.

Question about that hand.

Should I have raised Bob on the flop?

Stu

rkiray
01-11-2004, 11:11 PM
Stu had AA, Bob JJ, they went nuts. J on river

MaxPower
01-11-2004, 11:14 PM
I'm out 13th (I think). Zack wins the last longer.

GrinningBuddha
01-11-2004, 11:16 PM
I'm out 12th after BigEndian cripples me making a flush with K /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif against my KK. Meh.

Final hand was my A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif vs. Bob T.'s AJo. We both made trips... /images/graemlins/blush.gif

themul56
01-11-2004, 11:21 PM
I am going to have to say that I really have no complaints. I wanted to say thanks to Rkiray for setting this up. I had a lot of fun and finished 11. I am only disappointed from one play I made and I only suffered one bad beat which really wasn't that bad, someone just caught and that happens. I really enjoyed the tournament. Hope to see y'all on more tournaments.

Brian
01-11-2004, 11:24 PM
AA cracked by, I believe, "Lookma"'s 88. Hard to win when AA KK KK all lose /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Brian

brian0729
01-11-2004, 11:27 PM
Thanks RK for your hard work on the tourney

I got bounced in 10th place by Cracker Zack. I forget the hand. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BigEndian
01-11-2004, 11:29 PM
Out 7th I think. Was a fun time, I'm in for the next round if we do it.

- Jim

AliasMrJones
01-11-2004, 11:35 PM
66 vs. AK, flop came 9 or T high, he went all-in and sucked a K out on me crippling me. Can't remember who it was.

Knocked out 2 hands later in 5th by Bob T when I went all-in with my BB.

Brian
01-11-2004, 11:38 PM
Hi Mr. Jones,

That was lookma, the same guy who cracked my AA with 88. /images/graemlins/cool.gif. He also just put a beat on BottlesOf, but I am sure Bottles will tell everyone all about it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Brian

BottlesOf
01-11-2004, 11:41 PM
I'm short stacked BB is 500, I have like 2.5K. I'm dealt TT

CO folds, button raises, SB folds, I re-raise, button calls.

Flop is K T 9 (I think)

I bet, he raises, I go all in, I lose to KT when a K turns/rivers.

Definitely a good time had by all. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Styles
01-11-2004, 11:51 PM
I dunno where I went out I don't think it was 7th but I saw the AA beat. somewhere between 6th and 8th /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I got to KO several players and make the final table /images/graemlins/grin.gif

AliasMrJones raised my blind off the button with 67o and I had to reraise all-in with A8s he hit a 7 :sigh:

I had a ball! Thanks!

Bob T.
01-11-2004, 11:58 PM
I was dead trapped, and I sucked out. Simple as that, after the preflop play, both of us had 3 Big bets left, and I was planning on showing down and praying that you held TT.

CrackerZack
01-12-2004, 12:09 AM
I completely agree. Thanks a lot rick for setting this up. Thanks to JTG for setting up our group last longer bet. Who was involved again?

I had a great time, and was quite lucky. I love playing these things with the tough competition.

JTG51
01-12-2004, 12:18 AM
It was you, me, JoeTall, and MaxPower. You should have $15 coming your way. What's the easiest way to trasfer the money?

Bob T.
01-12-2004, 12:22 AM
I agree, thank you rkiray for the time you put into this event. Also thanks true poker for hosting it.

CrackerZack
01-12-2004, 12:29 AM
I have accounts all over but the only ones i know you can transfer on are Party/skins and UB, but party/skins has a min of $50. UB is fine if you want. Next time everyone meets at FW is fine also. I don't think you can transfer at True. We could also go to an empty table at True but that might be technically illegal. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Stu Pidasso
01-12-2004, 12:44 AM
I feared the K (as KK was in the range of hands I put you on). I was pretty much pot stuck at that point and had planned to show down regardless of what came. I was afraid that if I raised the flop you might fold and that calling the flop was the best way to insure I got most of my chips in that pot.

Stu

Bob T.
01-12-2004, 12:56 AM
Sounds like the date lasted longer then /images/graemlins/grin.gif. And my signature could apply to that endeavor also.

rkiray
01-12-2004, 01:19 AM
No problem. I enjoyed playing in the tourney. Someone else has to organize the next one though. I think TJ has first dibs.

Mike Haven
01-12-2004, 08:28 AM
True always allows transfers to settle these tourney side-bets - just e-mail Support and tell them what the bet was for.

We could also go to an empty table at True but that might be technically illegal

I know you are joking, but for any newbies out there, for goodness sake NEVER pass chips on ANY internet table to repay a debt - it is the SUREST way to be banned for life.

AliasMrJones
01-12-2004, 12:08 PM
I'd also like to thank rkiray for organizing. Doesn't the winner have to organize the next event? (Or is it the first one to go out?)

Also thanks to True. I'd never played more than a couple of hands at True, but transferred a little money over for the tourney and tried out both SnG and the 1/2 ring and find the interface fun. (They definitely need to work on some things though, particularly multi-table tourney stats -- how many left? avg. stack size? what chip position am I in?)

CrackerZack
01-12-2004, 12:18 PM
Very true. I get annoyed when people delude newbies... poor taste in a joke.

As mike said, never ever do this. I apologize for the dumb comment.

Thanks for the advice about true transfers.

rkiray
01-12-2004, 12:42 PM
It took weeks and multiple e-mails to get TT's $22 passed through true after the last tourney. It did eventually happen though. I agree with Bob that we owe thanks to True for allowing the tourney and all the add-ons.

rkiray
01-12-2004, 12:45 PM
It's easy to find out how many people are left. Just go to the leader board.

AliasMrJones
01-12-2004, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's easy to find out how many people are left. Just go to the leader board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I kept looking at the tables and adding up how many were at the tourney tables. I don't think you could keep the leaderboard up while you played either. The one time I tried it kept dinging at me when I tried to click to another window.

rkiray
01-12-2004, 01:15 PM
You can't keep it up, but at the top when there were say 11 players left the first line would be (11 of 11). IF there are more than 50 left (not in BOSS) it will say (50 of 161) for example.

J.R.
01-12-2004, 01:28 PM
Get your panties out of their bind and remember: Don't hate the player, hate the game. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Limit tourneys are all about playing fast. Lookma is the name of a bump run at Vail.

I played real fast, as I think you have to and drew out in four major pots (as I recall, i am sure there were more). I also didn't get many big pairs and stole a whole lot of blinds and/or took it down on the flop with rags when my opponent would fold. I won a lot of chips I didn't deserve by playing fast.

These are the big suck-outs I had, but I played aggressively in each one, and in retrospect only may have played the first one differently (and maybe the 3rd, but not likely). I think this is roughly how each went down, but I was a little loose after a long weekend of partying and riding up in the hills. Anyway to get hand histories for more than your last 10 hands?

1. Gutshot early when I bluff raised and was close to pot stuck with the rapid blind escalation, so I drew short knowing if I folded I would have little shot at the money, but knew a big pot was worth more than saving a bet. I think I may have misread the board and thought I had a gutter on the flop. I would love to see this hand history, as I was tryign to do 4 things at once after just taking over for my girlfiend, who played my first few hands while I was doing some other "stuff." In tourney play, especially limit, I think its woth it to draw short because the value of a big stack is worth far more than a saved bet or two, as the money is only the top 15% or so. So the EV of a big stack is far more than the EV of a saved bet or two IMO. But the EV of catching your cards is worth more than anything, and I had my card catching skills honed after a great weekend of getting loose and ripping.

2. AK v. 66, were I raised pre-flop, bet a raggedy flop and got in on the flop or turn, caught a K on the river. I was behind but wasn't going to stop betting, not much either of us could do.

3. AA v. your 88. I 3-bet you in position, not realizing that 3-bet put you almost all-in. I figured you were playing aggressively and I would put the onus on you to catch on the flop with your likely overcards. I was less excited about going to the showdown at 50/50 or as a big dog, but I couldn't figure out your stack and true software doesn't give you much time (or much warning) before folding your hand, so I 3-bet.

4. KT v. TT. I open-raised, got 3-bet and the flop came KTx. I put Bottles in on the flop, and I turned a K to suckout on TT. I wasn't going anywahere with top 2, and neither was Bottles, so it was unavoidable. I got LUCKY!

Anyway, I don't deny I got real lucky in some spots but I played fast, trying to win, not to just survive. This is what I recall, but I don't have hand histories and foggy memory. I am sure my good fortune was greater than I recall, but I am sure those on the other end of it will be happy to remind me.

Thanks to Rkiray and True for hosting it. (even though I HATE their software). It was a blast, even though I couldn't figure out the chat. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

CrackerZack
01-12-2004, 01:37 PM
Just one point. There is an option on true to show player names and money amounts at all times. For tourneys this is invaluable as hovering over their stack is unrealistic in the time given. Look in preferences I believe, its there.

WDC
01-12-2004, 03:12 PM
I got just lucky enough to finish on the bubble. Took some hits early when brians 88 turned a straight on my JJ. Zack also rivered a straight with qj against my q-10 flopped two pair.

I got really lucky at least twice when I went all in in my big blind twice w crap and survived. My undoing was trying to triple up from the big blind with J9 suited.

Zacked raised early and BobT called fromthe button. I took a shot and called the raise. I floped the flush draw with only 1 big bet left got it in on the flop. Never came out in 6th.

Great fun. Thanks Rikay and True.

Brian
01-12-2004, 04:13 PM
My panties aren't in a bind. If they were, I'd have been saying "Argh that gd idiot who re-raised me with 88 came in 2nd! What a lucky fck he outdrew every single person!!! No skill!" /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Instead I am just posting my bad beats in the bad beat thread... No hate on the player!

-Brian

Gomez22
01-13-2004, 01:11 AM
Sorry it took awhile to post this, but I got stone cold killed in this tourney.... Had pocket Queens cracked by AJo, flopped TPTK w/A9s HU vs. crockpot(who 3-bet me PF, by the way, with A10o called my raise on the flop with only overcards, and nailed runners for the nut flush). Only hand I won was pocket kings... and that was the blinds.... UGH!

Had 4 playable hands while I was in, and picked up the blinds with one... not good for tourneys, IMHO.

Finished 28th... at least not dead last, but it was very frustrating to see other draws come against me. The hand that did it to me was K4s from the BB with the SB steal-raising me with A4o...... he flopped an ace, rivered the 3-of-a-kind to send me packing........ If I remember right, I picked up the flush draw on the turn, and after seeing the final ace come, I decided to call his river bet as I only had enough chips left to post the SB.... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thank, rkiray, for putting this together... next time, maybe I can last a little longer than 45 minutes!!!!!

'Mez

crockpot
01-13-2004, 04:56 AM
to anyone who witnessed my performance last night, i feel inclined to apologize for the crappiness of my play. depending on your level of gullibility, i offer up the following excuses: (read until one is believable)

- my evil twin played the tournament for me
- the fold and call buttons were missing from my screen forcing me to do nothing but raise each hand
- true poker blackmailed me, forcing me to throw the tournament
- i was too distracted by the chief illiniwek controversy to play correctly (actual excuse used by students at UIUC to explain their poor grades)
- i thought a last longer bet was won by the first knocked out
- you mean this wasn't lowball hold 'em?
- bad beats, every hand, every one of 'em
- i just plain sucked