PDA

View Full Version : QQ. Cap them all.

bisonbison
01-11-2004, 07:43 PM
The table has been relatively quiet, and the button in this hand did not seem to be crazy.

Party Poker 0.50/1 (10 handed)
Hero has Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif and is MP3

EP1 limps, MP1 limps, MP2 limps, Hero raises, Button 3-bets, SB folds, BB folds, EP1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero caps, Button calls, EP1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls

Flop(22 SB): 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif

EP1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets, Button raises, EP1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero 3-bets, Button caps, EP1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls

Turn(28 BB): 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

EP1 checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets, Button raises, EP1 folds, MP1 folds, Hero 3-bets, Button caps, Hero calls

River(36 BB): J/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero bets, Button raises, Hero 3-bets, Button caps, Hero calls

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-11-2004, 07:46 PM
Sure looks like set over set. I think the button's got an equal chance of holding AA, KK, or 77, two of which you beat. Played fine.

thirddan
01-11-2004, 08:43 PM
you are most likely looking at set of K's or 7's, possibly KQ, i suppose if opponent is very aggressive he could have AK, but most people don't play it this aggressive. I think you played it fine, hope you took it down

chesspain
01-11-2004, 08:54 PM
I don't know...since the button is showing you that he's not afraid of anything that you could be holding, I would probably be slowing down by the river. The idea that the button would be playing 77 this hard from start to finish in the face of your aggression seems pretty unlikely. In fact, I would say that it is closer to 50:50 between KK and AA, although I believe that many players with AA would have slowed down by the river in the face of all of the action you gave.

Consequently, I might have just checkcalled the river. I certainly would not have three-bet.

csuf_gambler
01-11-2004, 09:13 PM
results?

bisonbison
01-11-2004, 09:39 PM
My attitude postflop was simple: If he has KK, good for him.

When the J /images/graemlins/spade.gif came on the river, I gave it not a second thought. It turns out he needed that card. Button shows A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I guess I charged the hell out of that flush draw. I think calling the raise on the river was probably the best plan in retrospect, but I thought there was 0 chance a flush was out there. I put him on AA, AK or KK, and I thought the odds of him having KK were not high enough to skimp on bets.

I had to exit Party after this hand, I was really angry, which ain't normal for bisonbison. The one thing I'm glad was that I didn't show my hand. God only knows what kind of maniac they think I am.