PDA

View Full Version : A-10 on the flop

KOD
01-11-2004, 06:49 PM
Hi I'v been reading the forom for the lastmonth or so but havent poseted anything yet. Any way hear we go.

8 people 50/1 pretty loose table

I have A 10 off
UTG folds, UTG+1 (tight player) limps I limp, folded to the button who calls, bb checks. The flop is A 9 7 rainbow. UTG+1 bets, I raise, button and bb fold, UTG+1 3 bets. I wasent sure what to do and folded. Advice would be appreciated

thirddan
01-11-2004, 06:55 PM
The only hands i could see UTG+1 having are set and AJ/AT, if he is tight/aggressive he would have raised with AQ/AK most likely as well as with big pairs, A9 is unlikley from a tight player. i would call the 3bet (getting 9.5/1) and see if turn brings a 8/T/A, depending on read of player i might to a bet on the turn

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-11-2004, 08:04 PM
Preflop, with a tight limper in front of you, it's a coinflip between calling or folding with ATo. I'd probably fold to the flop 3-bet...the best you're gonna get here is a chop. If he's got A9 (doubtful), you're way behind. If he's got AT, you chop. If he's got AJ or AQ, you are outkicked and drawing to three outs. Easy muck.

Carlos
01-11-2004, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop, with a tight limper in front of you, it's a coinflip between calling or folding with ATo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Fold if it's heads or tail and call if it lands on the edge.

Carlos

CMangano
01-11-2004, 08:36 PM
A coinflip? ATo in early or middle position should be an auto-fold, regardless of how tight the limpers are. In LP I would raise ATo if I could isolate a weak late position limper or if it was folded to me at a tight table. Otherwise it hits the muck everytime.

CMangano
01-11-2004, 08:38 PM
Fold pf (see my explanation under Gravy's post). Since you said UTG+1 was tight, I would call the flop 3 bet and fold on the turn if I didn't improve.