PDA

View Full Version : 3 hands from last session

Trix
01-11-2004, 04:28 PM
A few hands from 0.5/1 tables at party.

UTG2 Calls, EP2 Calls, SB calls, I check with: 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Flop: 5 /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB checks, I check, UTG and EP check.
Turn: Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB bets, I raise, UTG and EP folds, SB calls.
River: 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB Check, I bet, He calls.

Im dealth A /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif in mid position.
3 first limp, I raise, 2 folds, SB calls, BB folds, limpers call.
Flop: 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gif
limper1 bets, next folds,limper3 calls, I raise, SB folds, limper 1 and 3 calls.
Turn: 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Both check, I bet, They call.
River: 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Checked to me, I check it through since i think a 4, a flush or some weird 2pair would try to checkraise this river and because i dont see many hands worse my own who would call me.

A /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif as number 3 from the big blind
First 2 limpers, so do I, Button and small blind calls, bb checks.
Flop: Q /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif
BB Bets,the 2 limpers Fold, I call, Button folds, SB calls.
Turn: Q /images/graemlins/club.gif
BB bets again, I fold, Sb calls.

Results in white: <font color="white"> Hand 1: He has red 8s and takes it down, 2: limper 1 has Ad7h, limper3 Jh9h, 3: SB has Kh3h, BB Tc9d

<font color="black"> Any comments ?
-Trix

thirddan
01-11-2004, 05:25 PM
Hand 1: i lead at this flop as my hand is probably best now (you can fold if you face resistance, but at least you will know where you stand) and i don't want to give free cards because there are so many overcards

Hand 2: i check this river in last position also

Hand 3: i might consider raising this flop depending on my read of bettor, but i think you should fold turn also. You may have had the best hand but its gonna cost you another bet on the river to show it down. There are just too many hands that beat you here

me454555
01-11-2004, 06:11 PM
Hand 1: bet the flop, sometimes you can win it right there. If someone bets into you on the turn after you've raised the flop, you can check call it down. I wouldnt bet that river. What type of hand will call your bet that you can beat? Your best result is a split pot. Check behind on the river

Hand 2: River value bet is very thin. It could go either way but I think you made the right decision to check

Hand 3: Raise the flop, it will give you a better idea of where you are and it makes the turn a lot easier to play.

Brian
01-12-2004, 01:02 AM
Hi Trix,

[ QUOTE ]
Checked to me, I check it through since i think a 4, a flush or some weird 2pair would try to checkraise this river and because i dont see many hands worse my own who would call me.

[/ QUOTE ]

If theres 1 thing I have learned from playing Low Limit Hold'em, it's that worse hands will always call you, and you'll be very surprised about how bad they are. Any time you are wondering whether to bet or check the river, go ahead and bet. If it's a mistake, it probably isn't a very big one since you had to think about it, and often it's the right play. In this specific situation you left 1, maybe 2, bets on the table. Even if the board gets scary, don't ever say to yourself "I don't see many worse hands that will call me." They frequently do. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Brian