PDA

View Full Version : Set of 7's under heavy fire

Tosh
01-11-2004, 04:18 PM
$2/$4 party hand. BB is a decent player, other than that I have no reads on players in this hand.

I get 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in EMP. UTG and UTG +1 limp, as do I. 1 more limp, poster checks and CO raises. Button and poster fold, everyone else calls.

** Dealing Flop ** : [ 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]

SB checks, BB bets, UTG and UTG +1 call, I raise, MP folds, CO 3-bets, SB folds, BB caps, UTG and UTG +1 call 3 more cold, I call as does CO.

** Dealing Turn ** : [ A /images/graemlins/club.gif ]

BB bets, UTG calls, UTG +1 raises all-in $6, I reraise to $10, CO calls all-in $8, BB and UTG cold call.

** Dealing River ** : [ 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif ]

BB and UTG check. I bet, BB calls and UTG folds.

DeuceKicker
01-11-2004, 10:06 PM
I'd cap the flop, suspecting BB of hitting two pair, and CO of playing an overpair.

I like your turn raise. I tend to not respect all-in raises, as they're usually just throwing away their last few dollars so they can leave the table. Raising also builds the side pot in case CO (who is also all-in) raised pre-flop with AA

bicyclekick
01-11-2004, 10:46 PM
Duece hit on both points I would make...

James282
01-11-2004, 11:45 PM
Hey, your hand was good. Well played! Although it becomes a bit more confusing with the A on the turn. But, people will overvalue tons of hands here. I suspect at least one of those folks was jamming a straight draw on the flop. Hopefully one of the all ins didn't get there with a hand like 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif
-James

Tosh
01-12-2004, 10:42 AM
The flop was already capped when it came back to me. If it wasn't I would have capped though.

My 7's were good against pocket 2's and KK.

bicyclekick
01-12-2004, 12:07 PM
Did you edit your post cause I don't remember it being capped the first time around. Either that or in my skimming i just blew it.

huh.