PDA

View Full Version : Did I catch a case of loose-itis from this table?

jacki
01-11-2004, 12:39 PM
This UB .25-.50 table I was at last night was incredible. 55%-65% seeing the flop for the hour and a half I was there. I raised in MP once (I forget with what) after a few limpers, and the ENTIRE 9-person table called the 2 bets. A raised family pot /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyways, i got the feeling I was getting a bit too loose for my own good.
Some examples and comments:

ATo on the Button -- I limped after 3 limpers. OK?

95s in SB -- completed after 7 limpers.

78o in SB -- completed after 4 limpers.

A3s in MP -- limp after 3 limpers.

A7s in SB -- I called a 3-bet. First raise was from a maniac. I was sure there would be at least 4 to the flop (which there was).

KJo in MP -- raised after 1 limper, then called BB maniac's 3-bet. I called him down heads up, caught a K on the river, he showed AA.

I still had a winning session, up about 20 BBs. (It's really amazing how often your good hands get paid off, all the way to the river).
But did I get a little too loose for my own good?
I'm really unsure about how to play Ax suited in a no fold'em game like this.... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

thirddan
01-11-2004, 02:30 PM
ATo on button is playable, but not for a raise
95s - never playable
78o - marginal completion in sb - suited definitely
A3s - i would call here
A7s - i don't call raises with Axs unless i in CO or button with lots of callers - never a three bet - especially out of position
KJo - i don't raise unless i can steal the blinds, but i limp in MP

Sounds like a good game, seems like there aren't too many of these tables at low limit UB

pufferfish
01-11-2004, 04:09 PM
95s in SB -- completed after 7 limpers.

78o in SB -- completed after 4 limpers

Since the SB is 3/5 of a bet to complete, I routinely throw these hands away. I don’t play many hands in the SB at this limit (SB being a $.10 post, $.15 to complete).

A7s in SB -- I called a 3-bet. First raise was from a maniac. I was sure there would be at least 4 to the flop (which there was).

I’ll still throw this hand away.

TC,
pf

jacki
01-11-2004, 04:30 PM
yeah, when I was looking at my session in PT, I really cringed at those two SB hands.