PDA

View Full Version : Doubtful AK

Saborion
01-11-2004, 05:53 AM
1/2 at Cryptologic. Loose. 10-handed.

I open-raise with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif in MP1. MP2 cold-call (never folds pre-flop, and often calls all the way to the river), SB cold-call, BB call.
4 to the flop.

[Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif] 4 BB.
BB bet, I raise, MP2 cold-call, SB cold-call, BB 3-bet, I call, MP2 call, SB call.
4 to the turn.

K /images/graemlins/heart.gif [Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif] 9.5 BB.
Checked to me, I bet, MP2 fold, SB fold, BB call.
2 to the river.

7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif [K /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif] 12.5 BB.
BB bet, what do I do?

bisonbison
01-11-2004, 05:56 AM
I make the call, and get shown some very strange hand by the BB.

bdk3clash
01-11-2004, 07:22 AM
BB's stop-and-go (3-betting you on the flop, check-calling you on the turn, then betting the river when an apparent brick hit) is weird, but I'll give it a go.

Without a read on the BB (you didn't describe him as "aggressive" or "plays draws fast" or anything like that), when he 3-bet you on the flop, I'm putting him on two-pair or a set, or maybe TP. If he is TPTK you're dominated. Granted, he could have worse, but that's my read.

In any case, I think most of the time here, you're in trouble. Best case scenario is that you have 6 clean outs. But with MP2 and SB cold-calling two on the flop, how happy are you to catch the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif or the K /images/graemlins/spade.gif?

This is a weird one, and I probably would have called the 3-bet at the time (though I wouldn't have raised the flop in the first place, right or wrong.) But looking at it now I think the right move would have been to fold once the BB 3-bets the flop.

Anyway, you caught about as good of a card as you could have on the turn, so when BB checks, your bet is mandatory. I'm folding if he check-raises here.

On the river, when BB bets I think you have a pretty clear call. I'm not convinced he doesn't have TPTK beat, so I'm not raising. The pot is plenty big to just call down.

By the way, if his hand beats you and involves the 7, add him to your buddy list and compliment his luck. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Saborion
01-11-2004, 08:30 AM
Yah, the reason I raised with the AK was a bit interesting. Since I`m now ashamed of it, I won`t mention it here.
I thought either two pair or set, but did not rule out TPTK. I was anything but happy to see that 3-bet.

When he checked the turn, I was pretty sure I was either set up for a check-raise, or that he had TPTK. Since he didn`t check-raise me even though the others folded, I begun to think I might win this hand. When he bet out on the river, I either though Q7, or he was about to go for a check-raise on the river with a set, but bailed out. I actually though I would win the hand, but was very unsure about his hand, and thus I called.

My hand was good. He did in fact have TPTK on the flop. Don`t ask me why he bet the river.

bdk3clash
01-11-2004, 08:54 AM
Without having viewed the results, would anyone have advocated raising the river? Folding the river? If so, why? As mentioned before, I think calling is right, but I'd be interested to hear dissenting opinions.

ProvidencePete
01-11-2004, 10:08 AM
Call. Your hand is to good to fold, but I always get worried when a bad player bets after you have taken control of the pot, so I don't like raising either.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-11-2004, 01:45 PM
I'd call the flop 3-bet, but wouldn't be happy about it. Muck on the turn if you don't catch an Ace or King.