PDA

View Full Version : Very questionable hand

Saborion
01-11-2004, 05:22 AM
1/2 at Cryptologic. Loose. 9-handed.

I`m dealt 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif on the button.
EP2 limp, EP3 limp, MP2 limp, CO limp, I limp, SB complete, BB check.
7 to the flop.
Is it correct to limp with this hand with this many limpers?

[J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif] 3.5 BB.
BB bet, EP2 call, EP3 fold, MP2 call, CO raise, I cold-call, SB cold-call, BB call, EP2 call, MP2 fold.
5 to the turn.
Clear call if no raise, but should I have folded once it was raised in front of me?

2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif [J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif] 8.5 BB.
CO bet, I call, SB call, BB call, EP2 fold.
4 to the river.
Pot big enough for this call?

K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif [2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif] 12.5 BB.
It`s checked to me, what do I do?

Did I misplay every street, or just a few?

bisonbison
01-11-2004, 05:35 AM
I'm not comfortable playing Kxs. So I'd fold this, but I don't know if that's right.

Flop: fold to the raise, but call 1 bet.
Turn: fold.
River: bet and call a raise.

bunky9590
01-11-2004, 08:29 AM
You went that far, bet the river.

Saborion
01-11-2004, 08:31 AM
Yes, but was going that far wrong? That`s the most important question.

bunky9590
01-11-2004, 08:33 AM
Flop call is really really close for me. other than that its okay.

chesspain
01-11-2004, 10:00 AM
I think that the PF call is pretty marginal, although with this many limpers and with you being on the button, I think it is an O.K. call.

However, with respect to the flop, you have only a very low middle pair, and the pot is only giving you 6:1 to try to spike, at best, a five outer, with the possibility that the K of hearts might make someone's flush. I don't think that your backdoor draw makes up for the odds shortfall that you're facing.

If there was no raise on the flop it would be an easy call. However, with the raise in front of you, I would fold, and save my chips for another hand.

toddw8
01-11-2004, 10:25 AM
I think Kxs is okay to play here with that many limpers, but you have to play very carefully after the flop and be ready to drop second pair, or even top pair if there is a ton of action.

I don't think you can call for two bets on this flop. You only have 4 clean outs (K /images/graemlins/heart.gif is no good) and the runner runner flush possibility. For one bet it's a no-brainer call, but for two you should let it go.

On the turn, the pot is laying you 9.5:1 on a 10.5:1 shot. You need to be sure you will get at least one more caller in order to call here.

You have to bet this river. You have been putting money into the pot this whole hand hoping to see a king and, lucky you, you caught it on the river. If you didn't bet this, it is by far the worst mistake you made this hand.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-11-2004, 01:42 PM
I think the preflop limp is fine.

The flop call is very close...I'd probably call here, with the second pair/backdoor flush/overcard kicker. However, when the blank falls on the turn, I think I muck this hand. There's a chance CO has you beaten by a set of 4's or 3's, which reduce or eliminate your outs. Also, as Todd said, the K /images/graemlins/heart.gif may or may not be clean. I think it's close enough that you can make a case for calling the turn, but I throw this hand away here.

Now that you got there, bet the river.