PDA

View Full Version : AQs played too aggressively?

Cubert
01-11-2004, 01:31 AM
UB 2/4 HE, game is fairly loose/passive. I'm in SB and pick up A /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif... EP limps, LP(poster) checks, LP calls, I raise, BB calls and all others besides poster calls.

4 players
Flop:

6 /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet, BB raises, EP calls, LP folds
I re-raise, both call

Turn:
10 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet, both call

River:
4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet. Both call.

I wasn't sure if I was over aggressive with this hand, I will post the results later. Any replies are appreciated.

JTG51
01-11-2004, 01:48 AM
Perfectly played.

onegymrat
01-11-2004, 01:52 AM
Hi Cubert,

I like all your plays. Best case scenario is they both have weaker queens than you. You would of heard about Q-J or Q-10 on the turn. Take it down.

I would have just called preflop though. Although A-Qs looks nice, you have the worst position and still need to draw to improve against four other players.

Cubert
01-11-2004, 02:01 AM
Hey thanks for your replies. I raised pre flop b/c I knew they would call another bet and wanted to get more money in the pot with AQs. Turns out BB also had AQ and EP had pocket sixes and flopped a set and called it down the whole way. I put him on a flush draw so when he called on the river I was kind of surprised. I put the other guy on a Q with a lower kick when he called my re-raise. I guess EP was going to try to slow play it and the 10 on the turn scared him of AK, or may have already been scared by QQ, JJ, or 1010 on the flop.

Barry
01-11-2004, 02:03 AM
I like your play on all streets. If BB is really passive though, he just might show you QJ, figuring that you wouldn't 3 bet the flop without a set.

Mike Gallo
01-11-2004, 02:05 AM
Cue,

You played the hand well.

If you lost to AK, you should have lost a lot more.

WillMagic
01-11-2004, 02:07 AM
Well played.

Will

onegymrat
01-11-2004, 02:11 AM
EP is weaker than a paper door in a windstorm.