PDA

View Full Version : Could You Fold This...? 40+BB pot

Schneids
01-10-2004, 07:17 PM
To answer my own Q, I didn't. I was basically clinging onto the hope that there were two AK's out there...:

Party Poker 0.50/1 (10 handed)
Hero has A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is SB

UTG limps, EP1 raises, CO calls, Button 3-bets, Hero caps, BB folds, UTG calls, EP1 calls, CO calls, Button calls

Flop(21 SB): 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero bets, UTG raises, EP1 folds, CO 3-bets, Button caps, Hero calls, UTG folds, CO calls

Turn(28 BB): K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero bets, CO raises, Button 3-bets, Hero calls, CO caps, Button calls, Hero calls

River(40 BB): 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero checks, CO bets, Button raises, Hero calls, CO 3-bets, Button caps, Hero calls, CO calls

...So, would/could you?

chim17
01-10-2004, 08:15 PM
No way would I fold here, not in any situation. Any overpair is gonna play this aggressively.

slavic
01-10-2004, 08:16 PM
why didn't you do some raising?

Schneids
01-10-2004, 08:29 PM
You'll notice I capped it PF. I bet out the flop and it was capped by the time it got back to me. I bet out the turn and it got raised and 3 bet, with the third bet being by a guy that 3-bet it PF, and was going all out the whole way, as well as on the flop. Call it monsters under the bed, but by that point both those two other guys were playing it like they had KK or AA. And neither of their flop action looks like AK. I think after betting out the turn and having it come back 3 to me again, it is a fair time to do some hand reading and evaluate whether I want to keep waging war -- don't you?

thirddan
01-10-2004, 08:33 PM
call it down, i think any over pair would assume there hand is good, and that pot is huge

Schneids
01-10-2004, 08:34 PM
Also, keep in mind Slavic, this is .5/1, not 10/20. People tend to err in .5/1 on the passive side more often than the aggressive side. All the more reason to start speculating about whether AA is winning in this pot.

Mike Gallo
01-10-2004, 08:40 PM
To answer my own Q, I didn't. I was basically clinging onto the hope that there were two AK's out there...:

You should have called.

CMangano
01-10-2004, 08:43 PM
The only way I can really see you losing this is if the button has KK or the cutoff called 2 bets cold twice pf with a hand like A9s or T9s. I would have played it the same as you did.

GuidoSarducci
01-10-2004, 10:26 PM
There is no possible way I'd fold this. I might back off the ram and jam after the turn betting went nuts, but folding here would be a disaster.

slavic
01-10-2004, 11:39 PM
Actually I've folded this hand before in much the same situation for 2 bets on the turn in a 10/20 game, but that was because quads misplayed the flop badly and gave it away with his slow play. I let the player with KK take the brunt of it. In this case KK is a real posibility along with JJ, TT, QQ, heck maybe even AK. Once you got to the river it's to large to fold but eh it sure does look like a KK.

Schneids
01-12-2004, 03:36 AM
CO had 69d and button had KK.

I primarily posted this to get feedback about whether it was easy to read my hand not being the best or not.

When the raising continued to ensue on the river I felt pretty certain I was second best (though I must admit I was expecting to see KK and AA before KK and 9x).

Thanks all for the feedback.