PDA

View Full Version : Overpair vs. Turn Checkraise

Kurn, son of Mogh
01-10-2004, 04:51 PM
Party 2/4 Full table. I've been here just over one orbit, have notes on 2 players neither of whom figures in this hand. Consider table typical loose-passive, but since I've been here, 3-4 see each flop.

I'm MP2 with K /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG limps, MP1 limps, I raise, MP3 calls 2 cold, CO & button fold, blinds and limpers call. 6 see the flop for 11.5 sb.

Flop: 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB bets, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, I raise, MP3 folds, Blinds call, UTG calls, MP1 folds. 4 to the turn for 10 bb.

Turn: 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked to me, I bet, SB checkraises, BB & UTG fold, I call. I'm not convinced here he has a 6. Leading out on the flop w/bottom pair seems strange. I think if I raise here he folds if he's behind, but will bet the river if I call.

River: 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

He bets, I call. Here, again, I doubt he calls a raise unless he has me beat.

Comments? Results later.

Mike Gallo
01-10-2004, 05:04 PM
Comments? Results later.

Your opponent turned over AQ and you took it down to Chinatown.

scotnt73
01-10-2004, 06:38 PM
just calling down from the turn on to see the end costs the same as raising and hoping he doest have a 6.

Kurn, son of Mogh
01-11-2004, 12:33 AM
SB shows Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif and I take down the pot

JTG51
01-11-2004, 12:38 AM
It sure looks a lot more like a Q than a 6 to me, so I'd 3-bet.

I'm not sure why you think he'd fold a Queen to a reraise or a river raise, you'll see pigs fly before you see most low limit Party players fold top pair.

Mike Gallo
01-11-2004, 02:13 AM
SB shows Q J and I take down the pot

There I go giving players too much credit /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I knew your opponent had a Queen though. If you raised the river do you think he would have called?

GuyOnTilt
01-11-2004, 03:39 AM
I think your hand is good on the river here more than 60% of the time. If your opponent wouldn't call a turn 3-bet with a hand like AQ, I'd just call and then raise a non-Q, non-diamond river. A decent suited Q in diamonds is a decent guess. I'd be more convinced that I'm beat if he hadn't bet the flop. I call the turn and raise a river blank versus most opponents.

GoT

Kurn, son of Mogh
01-11-2004, 01:44 PM
I think I missed at least one bet.