PDA

View Full Version : AQ on button

ProfLupin
01-10-2004, 03:57 PM
9 handed 1/2 pacific poker, ProfLupin is button w/ A /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

MP2 limps, MP3 limps, ProfLupin raises, both blinds and the limpers call.
5 to the flop for 10SB
flop: 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Checked around to ProfLupin who bets. BB folds, the rest call.
4 to the turn for 7BB
turn: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Checked around to me again... what's my move?

thirddan
01-10-2004, 04:07 PM
Being that you are at Pacific,you are probably at a loose passive table. I think you gotta check this king and hope to hit on the river, you are most likely behind to someone here that will never fold for one bet. And i would only call on the river if i hit something, but i most likely won't raise the river unless i hit straight

Brian
01-10-2004, 04:11 PM
Hi ProfLupin,

Take the free card that you set yourself up to get by betting the Flop. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Brian

Dylan Wade
01-10-2004, 04:17 PM
Bet. You might be able to get a 7 or T to fold, and you might have the best hand already. No one is showing any strength. You represent a Ace-King, bet at it. If they raise, it's likely they've been slow playing , so just call and see if you make your gutshot on the river.

I don't think you need the free card, because quite often you'll take down the pot with a bet here.

ProfLupin
01-10-2004, 04:24 PM
I bet and was called by two of the three.
River card was 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and it was checked around.

One showed QJ and the other 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif for the flush.

I think should have taken the free card because, as thirddan said, pacific tables (and this one was no exception) are extremely loose/passive and I'm not sure a ten or seven would have folded.

Noodles
01-10-2004, 04:29 PM
I dont think you should bet the turn.There were 4 callers to your flop bet,they cant have overcards,no flush draws out,could a few straight draws maybe.Looks to me like pairs are around and in low limits these guys will call all the way to the end.Take the free card

ProfLupin
01-10-2004, 04:39 PM
check your pm