PDA

View Full Version : Broadway non-suited

Norm
01-10-2004, 01:55 PM
In a limpfest type game, how many non-suited broadway cards do you limp in with. I've been doing AK AQ AJ and KQ. Is this too tight a limping standard?

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-10-2004, 01:59 PM
I think as you start getting into LMP, if you are the first in (or with a single loose limper in front of you) limping with AT, KJ and QJ becomes okay. Other than that, seems fine.

bdk3clash
01-10-2004, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In a limpfest type game, how many non-suited broadway cards do you limp in with. I've been doing AK AQ AJ and KQ. Is this too tight a limping standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez. If you're not raising with AKo and AQo, what are you raising with?

Some of the big hands you describe, suited or not, are near-automatic raises for me, and probably for most players here.

I open-raise with AKo/AKs/AQo/AQs 99% of the time--at least. I regularly 3-bet with AKo and AKs. For me, 3-betting with AQo/AQs is player-dependent, but I do it a fair amount of the time.

AJo and KQo are significantly weaker and my play of them is more situational, but most of the time I would rather come in raising with them than limping, especially in late position.

Genenrally, I don't have much of a problem pitching them to a raise, but, again, this is player-dependent.

Based on your post, I would guess you're limping preflop too much. Raise it up!

Norm
01-10-2004, 02:33 PM
I also often raise with all 4 hands I mentioned, but the point of my question was the cut-off for folding non-suited broadway cards if 6 or 7 players are routinely limping. Does anyone stay in with any 2 cards 10 or higher in these situations?

Nottom
01-10-2004, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone stay in with any 2 cards 10 or higher in these situations?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if they are suited or I have very good position. Even with position, I'm not likely to play something like KTo.