PDA

View Full Version : Bathroom AA Hand

fsuplayer
01-10-2004, 01:17 PM
Party $25 NLHE
After running for a quick bathroom break, i come back facing a $5 raise preflop from a MP player (no real read on him yet) ($60) (I was in LMP w/ $65) and lovely A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif. Since my ticker was almost up I had to think quick and I decided to smooth call (mistake #1??)
No other callers, flop: Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
He checks and I bet $7 into a $11 pot (too small a bet??mistake #2??)
He smooth calls which sets of an alarm in my head.
At that moment I was thinking either AK of spades, or more likely bc of the very large pf raise, pocket QQ for a set.
Turn: 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif
MP: Goes all in for about $45 more.
Have aces...must...call...but i resisted.
I think I was killed here, possibly drawing dead w/o the ace spades, or drawing to a two outer on the river as I think he had the set of ladies and he didnt want the fourth spade coming out in case I had the A or K of spades.
How was my play on this hand, and more importantly, what did he have?
For future play on Party do I reraise in this position every time when I am the favorite or smooth call . On this hand if he did have QQ my reraise would have just givin him more of my stack as I dont think anyone would fold a reraise w/ QQ on party.

AJo Go All In
01-10-2004, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
as I dont think anyone would fold a reraise w/ QQ on party.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you've figured out why you should always raise.

wdbaker
01-10-2004, 06:08 PM
All in preflop with AA always, why fool around.

AeonBlues
01-10-2004, 07:46 PM
Well, if you had time to raise, you should have raised pre flop. You have been set up to ruin your opponets implied odds. A $5 raise is big for the .5 BB, so you should come out with a re raise to atleast $15, I like $20 better. You have his $60 covered, if he calls $15 more then he's only getting about 4 to 1 in implied odds, where he is no better than 20% against your hand. Oh, and then you can easily all in the flop. If you get beat, don't sweat it, atleast 80% of the time you're going to win.

After not re raising before the flop, I would have bet the pot on the flop, but I think you made a good fold on the turn. One of the best things about betting your AA hands very agressively is that you don't have to think about it after you're all in, and very offten when the board is very scary, you still show with the best hand.

AeonBlues

mauisupaman
01-10-2004, 09:12 PM
fsuplayer, like everyone else said, I'd bump it up almost everytime. Actually, I change my answer - against online players, then everytime. Who care if he hits a set with the biaches once in a while like Aeon said your taking a knife to his implied odds. On the flop he check calls which seems OK to me as I can see him holding JJ, or AKspades here. But that all in straight into you is definitely a power move. So i think your fold was good.

SpaceAce
01-11-2004, 12:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(mistake #1??)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think so, yes. If for no other reason, you should raise because he probably will call with QQ and you'll make more money in the long run. With AA, it's OK to knock him out and just steal his raise but you also don't mind getting called and you don't fear a reraise so there's no real reason not to raise.

SpaceAce