PDA

View Full Version : Another JJ hand--do I need a skirt?

bdk3clash
01-10-2004, 12:59 PM
(Apologies to female readers of this board. And skirt-wearing males.)

Did I err in not capping preflop (especially given the multiple cold-callers)? Should I have bet the river?

Party Poker 0.50/1 (10 handed)
bdk3clash has J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is CO

EP2 limps, MP1 limps, MP2 limps, bdk3clash raises, Button 3-bets, BB folds, UTG folds, EP2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, bdk3clash calls

Flop(16 SB): 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

EP2 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, bdk3clash bets, Button raises, EP2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, bdk3clash 3-bets, Button calls, EP2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls

Turn(24 BB): 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif

EP2 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, bdk3clash bets, Button folds, EP2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls

River(28 BB): 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

EP2 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, bdk3clash checks

Results later, if anyone cares.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-10-2004, 01:15 PM
Without a good read on the button, I think not capping preflop is perfectly reasonable.

I like the flop and turn play. If the button raises you again on the turn, call and check/call the river and expect to be shown QQ/KK/AA.

I think it's close between betting the river and checking through. The 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif is a scary enough card given all the check/callers still left around...I'd probably check it through. Hope you took it down.

thirddan
01-10-2004, 04:18 PM
I like your play, with this many players i probably just call the preflop 3 bet also, well played i think. i check this river as pot is already large enough for me and this seems like there is a possibility i get check/raised on the river.

Trix
01-10-2004, 04:38 PM
This would be an easy bet on the river for me...
I dont see any hands with a 9 that could be out there (unless they play really bad)....
I only see u as behind if some1 slow played a set, So i think ull be ahead enough of the time to make this bet correct

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-10-2004, 06:01 PM
I dont see any hands with a 9 that could be out there (unless they play really bad)....

Dont forget the flush draw, Trix, which is why the river card is such a scare.

spamuell
01-10-2004, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The 9 also completes the flush. And this is party poker .5/1, so you know they play really badly (well most of them). You really have to consider what they might have been calling with - on this board, most likely a straight draw which they will now not pay off with, a flush draw which they will probably check-raise but definitely at least call a bet.

It's possible that they low paired and hope that bdk3clash has AK and missed, but given the nature of the pre-flop action, this isn't as likely as it would usually be. I would probably check behind here and hope.

Trix
01-10-2004, 06:15 PM
wow im blind /images/graemlins/cool.gif
still, when the pot is that big, people would be calling with any pair or overcards anyway right all the way to the river. and if u bet the river theyll call without the flush aswell, cuz they think u might be bluffing. but if u get raised u should muck it..

bunky9590
01-10-2004, 06:55 PM
Bet the river. Thats the only street where i didn't like the play. As far as the skirt, well........ just don't make it too short. You don't deserve a mini.