PDA

View Full Version : ugh

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-10-2004, 02:13 AM
Party .5/1

Dealt AJo in the CO. EP limps, MP limps, I raise, button folds, SB calls, BB mucks, EP calls, MP calls. Four to the flop for 4.25 BB.

Flop: T43r

BB bets out, EP calls, MP calls, I figure that all six of my outs are good, and call getting 11.5:1.

Turn: Q

BB bets, EP and MP muck, I'm getting 6.25 to 1 and have picked up four more outs, and call.

River: 8

EP bets, I call, he flips over T4o for flopped two pair.

I feel like I played this hand like a total damn calling station. Comments?

thirddan
01-10-2004, 02:18 AM
personally, i don't raise AJo preflop if there are limpers before me, i will only raise if i'm first in and in at least MP. I would probably call turn as i have some outs and i close action. I don't like calling turn here as your Jack outs might be gone and at this point you still have nothing. River is fold as you have nothing facing a personal who bet the whole way on a board with two cards in the "zone." It sucks losing to junk but you could have saved yourself some bets

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-10-2004, 02:31 AM
The raise preflop was largely to buy the button. I wasn't afraid of a Q from BB on the turn, but from the other two players. However, they folded. ANd on the river, I called because I was curious about SB's preflop standards. Which, apparently, don't exist.

Ed Miller
01-10-2004, 02:32 AM
I figure that all six of my outs are good...

Why do you figure that? I almost never give my overcards credit for six full outs. I generally count them for somewhere between two and four outs, depending on the texture of the board.

Your flop call is not too bad since you are closing the action, however.

Ed Miller
01-10-2004, 02:35 AM
And on the river, I called because I was curious about SB's preflop standards.

Never call a bet on the river just to see your opponent's hand. The information is virtually never worth the price you have to pay. Just wait until he shows a hand down.

I probably would have folded on the river. I don't expect him to be bluffing when the flop starts out T43r.