PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas Card Rooms

08-01-2002, 06:53 PM
I am planning a trip to las vegas and I was wondering who has the largest poker room and who has the best card room in town.

Thanks for your time

08-01-2002, 08:21 PM
The Bellagio is the biggest, and many would say the best. It is my favorite. The Mirage is very good too, some prefer it to the Bellagio. The Orleans is fairly big, but has a narrower range of games than Mirage and Bellagio. (Only occasional 10-20 unless a big tourn. is going on, in which case games at Bellagio probably better) It has many small tournaments too. There are many other cardrooms, a lot depends on what you are looking for. Dynasty has posted many times about the low limit games at Monte Carlo, and I agree MC is very good for LL. For middle limit games you will find yourself at Mirage or Bellagio, and to a lesser extent Binions. Bellagio and Mirage are much nicer than Binions, but Binions has its own charm, albeit diminishing. Bellagio and Mirage are both non-smoking in the poker room. A big advantage IMO.

08-01-2002, 11:31 PM
On the Strip, the Bellagio and Mirage are clearly the biggest rooms. They are also the only non-smoking rooms on the Strip.

Clarmeister told me something interesting yesterday. He said that Mandalay Bay (2nd best small poker room after Monte Carlo) has been getting a 10-20 game running on most weekends and always has a 6-12 game. When I was playing at Mandalay Bay regularly last fall, they would usually have just their 4-8 games.