PDA

View Full Version : Controversial Hand, Opinions?

Redhotman
01-09-2004, 10:26 PM
2/4 Typical Game
Im the SB with 99. BB is a decent player.

FLOP: T K 9 rainbow

I check, BB checks, Bet, Call, Call, Call, I check-raise, BB calls 2 cold, Call, Call, Call, Call.

TURN: 2

I bet, BB raises. Rest fold. I only call

The 2 brought a second club. I put BB on:
1. JQ
2. A flush draw with a ton of other outs.
3. KT -- very unlikely as raising this here is horible play imo.

RIVER: Kc

I bet. He raises. (The only hand he can have to beat me are TT or KT or KK)
I pop him again. He caps it, I make a crying call.

Opinions on my play? What did he have?

CrackerZack
01-09-2004, 10:36 PM
Your play was alright, your read was not. Why is KT raise a horrible play? First you didn't give any PF action so we don't know the pot size but if it was decent, once you checkraise he can say pretty certainly that if he wants to make the field face a double bet on the turn, he can. Personally I 3-bet the turn every single time and find out if I'm losing right there. If he caps I'd c/r the river when the board paired and call a 3-bet. Either way, I'm losing about the same amount of money you did. I'm guessing he showed you TT or KT or less likely K9. Did he have to call a raise PF? PF details could help narrow his hand. I'd like to know why raising KT is such a bad idea? I personally would bet out with it or C/R 3-bet, but waiting to the turn if the C/R 3-bet won't fold everyone isn't really a mistake if he knows the bet is coming from you, which he does after the flop action.

Redhotman
01-09-2004, 10:47 PM
He has played me with alot, and I think he should have given me credit for a set or straight.

There was no raise pre-flop, the pot isnt that big, so I think his play should have been to reraise on the flop, which after the table saw me check raise, should have folded gut-shots and other weak drawing hands.

CrackerZack
01-09-2004, 10:57 PM
If you'll only C/R the flop with a set or a straight, you need to adjust your play. Actually, I think I'd bet out with both of those hands unless I knew where the bet was gonna come from and it was gonna be UTG or the BB, then maybe I'd check-raise. Hands I'd rather C/R would be something like AK/KQ/KJ or JT, etc. Hands that need protection. Of course with these hands I'd like the bet coming from LP and if I didn't believe that was possible I'd more likely bet these hands and hope to be raised.