PDA

View Full Version : AA capped on the flop and turn ---

jacki
01-09-2004, 07:04 PM
HERO has A /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the button

Pre-flop:
UTG folds. EP calls. MP1 folds.
MP2 calls. LP calls. CO calls.
HERO raises to $.50. SB calls. BB
folds. EP calls. MP2 calls. LP calls.
CO calls.

Flop (board: 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif):
SB checks. EP checks. MP2 bets $.25.
LP raises to $.50. CO calls. HERO
re-raises to $.75. SB folds. EP folds.
MP2 re-raises to $1. LP calls. CO
calls. HERO calls.

Turn (board: 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif):
MP2 bets $.50. LP calls. CO calls.
HERO raises to $1. MP2 re-raises to $1.50.
LP calls. CO calls. HERO re-raises to
$2. MP2 calls. LP calls. CO calls.

River (board: 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif):
MP2 bets $.50. LP calls. CO folds.
HERO raises to $1. MP2 folds. WHAT!!! You come along for a flop and turn caps, then bet out the river, but fold to a raise??? LP calls.

RESULTS in white (What do you think LP has?):
<font color="white"> Of course, my Aces are good.
But LP has 8s Qs, and had me beat on the flop. Should I worry about that at all?
HERO wins $17.25 with three aces. </font>

bisonbison
01-09-2004, 07:36 PM
If the Ace doesn't come on the turn and he bets into you, call it down. Capping the flop is still the right plan. As it was, things worked out pretty darn well for you.

thirddan
01-10-2004, 02:52 AM
cap this flop, if he has two pair you can still draw out if you catch another Ace, runner-runner hearts, a running pair, or a seven. many players will cap this flop with a flush draw or QK/QA even 9T. Even w/o the ace i call this guy down..

daveymck
01-10-2004, 06:01 AM
The mosy obvious hand for LP was 78s, he raised the flop but then became passive after the flop which suggested he didnt have trips.

With all the action on the flop I would suspect that there was a chance I was behind especially as there were three others in but once the A hit you were ahead and had to make it difficult for the flush draws out there, I suspect the CO had the flush draw.

As for MP I think either he is a complete maniac or he had the nuts flush draw and missed but had the top pair and the pot was so big he had to bet out on the river on the off chance he could pick it up but your raise made him feel he was beat.

scotnt73
01-10-2004, 03:44 PM
you played it just right. you cant always think the worst. also in this situation you are almost certain that 1 or 2 of them are on flush draws.