PDA

View Full Version : Punishing the min-raisers

Paul2432
01-09-2004, 05:44 PM
I know how much you guys dislike min raisers, so I post this hand for your enjoyment.

The game is Partypoker $100 buy in (1/2 blinds). I am on the button with 7d6d ($121). UTG folds, next player (PFR) min raises to $4 ($80), late position blind folds, CO folds, I call, SB folds and the BB calls ($175).

The flop comes a glorious 3c 4d 5d giving me the nut straight with the straight flush redraw.

BB checks, the PFR bets $9, I call, BB min raises to $18, PFR calls, I raise to $35, BB raises to $55, PFR calls, I go all-in, BB calls, PFR calls.

Turn is the Ac, river is the Kd. Of course I am terrified at this point of the higher flush draw. As it turns out, BB had 76o for the flopped nut straight and the PFR had pocket tens.

How many mistakes did the PFR make in this hand?

Paul

gavrilo
01-09-2004, 11:13 PM
he made a lot of mistakes..

Knox
01-10-2004, 01:04 AM
punishing the minimum raisers could cost you a lot of money. I tend to do a minimum raise now and then as a way of slow playing a hand and trying to get someone to punish me for doing it.

crockpot
01-10-2004, 02:09 AM
good work! even though i like min-raisers (i don't know how anyone could dislike them), it's always nice to see them put in their place for playing like idiots.

against the right player i would consider folding to the first check-raise. a min-check raise usually means something pretty good. if he didn't fold then he should certainly fold when it has been bumped up to 55 by two different players.