PDA

View Full Version : posting mp dealt A6s

bicyclekick
01-09-2004, 04:29 PM
First hand at the table...so obviously no reads.

Party Poker 2/4 (10 handed)
bicyclekick has 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif and is MP1

bicyclekick(poster) checks, MP2 limps, MP3 limps, CO raises, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, bicyclekick(poster) calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls

Flop(14 SB): 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, BB checks, bicyclekick bets, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button raises, SB calls, BB calls, bicyclekick calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds

I normally woulda raised, cause I know with 3 or more callers i'm getting the best of it for every dollar put in, but I want to keep the rest of the field in cause I htink i'll make more money this way.

Turn(13 1/2 BB): J/images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, BB bets, bicyclekick calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB folds

River(18 1/2 BB): 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, bicyclekick bets, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, BB calls

What a great first hand. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

how'd i do?

slavic
01-09-2004, 04:36 PM
Wow I'm kind of torn here. The board is coordinated enough that straights should call your turn raise but would never raise themsleves. If the BB bet on the river I would have raised. A straight will likely call and even two pair may call.

Nice hand.

Bob T.
01-09-2004, 05:00 PM
You did ok, but with that many players in, I would have taken a chance on either three betting the flop, or on raising the turn.

Why on earth would you post in MP? The game will still be good in two minutes when you get to the blinds.

CrackerZack
01-09-2004, 05:21 PM
Excellent. I would seriously consider raising PF as I open raise my own post with a range of hands most would consider absolutely ludicrous. I'm flirting with Group 15 and 16 hands sometimes. If I'm in the cutoff, I'll open-raise my own blinds with probably anything. I know I've done it with 92o, it doesn't get much worse.

All post flop play is very good. I'd consider raising the turn if you're sure all straights will call but its very close. Also you would want an idea of how many people probably have that straight. I like the smooth call with no reads though because a K will often raise and then you can 3-bet.

Well played, ni han sir.

Nate tha' Great
01-09-2004, 05:23 PM
Yet another way to play this ... I would have checked the first time around on the flop and waited for the CO to bet, then gone for a check-raise thereafter, depending on the number of callers.

The risk that you run into by betting out is that the CO raises, and button, SB and BB don't want to call two cold. As you say, you want to keep the field large, and I think that might be a better way to do it.

PocketRocketsBF
01-09-2004, 06:23 PM
How would you have felt, if on the flop the player to your left raises and everyone else folds? I like letting other people bet for me when I am on the nut flush draw.