PDA

View Full Version : mirage

08-01-2002, 05:16 PM
This may seem trivial, but, why do they not use cupholders at the mirage cardroom? Last time I was there I spilled a glass of coffee all over the table when reaching for my chips ( I had AA, lol). Very embarrassing for me especially when everybody folded.

08-02-2002, 03:48 AM
I don't have the answer. But, I'd like to see the Mirage get new tables as well. Spilled drinks seem to happen once ever 3-4 hours.

Mandalay Bay's tables are probably the best on the Strip.

08-03-2002, 03:48 AM
The Mirage Poker Room added cup holders today.

MM

08-03-2002, 06:37 PM
The cupholders which were being used at the Mirage yesterday were a small improvement, but not much. Apparently, they weren't very good for holding coffee due to the size of the cupholder compared to the size of the glass. In addition, they aren't built into the table and I suspect that they won't be used most of the time. I don't see either players or management running around the room to ensure that everybody with a drink has one of these portable cupholders.

The Mirage (and the Bellagio) have tables which are inferior to those being used in many of the small poker rooms on the Strip, including Mandalay Bay (the best tables) and Monte Carlo.

BTW, Mandalay Bay's tables are the best not only for the convienient cupholders which are built into the bumper but also because their 10-handed Hold'em tables are larger than those at the Mirage and Bellagio which gives everybody a little more elbow room. They also have a nice wooden "track" between the felt and the bumper which is easier to stack chips on.

08-03-2002, 08:10 PM
There is an open notch at the side of the cup holder in which a coffe cup's handled fits through. That makes them better than you are describing. My guess is that you didn't realize that this was the purpose of the notch.

Mason

08-04-2002, 02:24 AM
I was at the Mirage today. About 5 people had drinks at the table. Nobody was using a cupholder.

08-04-2002, 02:51 AM
i just wanted to say that this is a very important topic and i hope mason writes about it at length in poker essays 4.

08-04-2002, 04:20 PM

08-05-2002, 09:14 PM
Do they spread any reasonable games? I was always under the impression that it was micro limit everywhere save Binions and Mirage/Bellagio.

~D

08-06-2002, 12:30 PM
4-8 holdem w/half kill

1-5 stud

daily tournaments

That's what I saw there late last week. Still, a very nice room. No smoking would be nice but the ventilation is really good.

Regards,

Troy

08-06-2002, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the update, and it's in accordance with what I thought they were playing over there.

~D

08-06-2002, 06:45 PM
Clarkmeister told me that the are regularly getting a 6-12 Hold'em game runing. On the weekends, they are often getting a 10-20 game going.

Still, it certainly should be considered a small room.

08-08-2002, 10:41 AM