PDA

View Full Version : Party .5/1 games

rkiray
01-09-2004, 01:46 PM
I hadn't played at Party in about 2 years, but they gave me a free $20 (had to play 140 raked hands before I could withdraw it) and I've run that up to $60 in three days. When it gets to $100 I'll move to 1/2 (kind of my own OIC).

I've noticed alot of things there. It's stunning how many players there are. I saw over 26k once. There always seems to be at least 13k. Seems to me an opponent database is mostly useless here. Does Party support player notes? I can't figure out how to do it. Also can you get session stats or more than one hand history at a time? I use pokertstat instead of pokertracker, and ps doesn't support party, so this isn't really important but I'm curious. I also can't believe how fast players change seats. I thought Paradise was bad, but I've been at some Party tables were I think people are playing musical chairs instead of poker. Because of the things I've mentioned in this paragraph I have a much greater appreciation for why the game/table descriptions from Party games is often so poor.

Some of the party games I"ve played at are extremely passive postflop. In these games I've made an adjustment I'd like comments on. In Paradise games when I have hands like AK, AQ, AJs, ATs I generally raise and then fire away on both the flop and the turn. This is because some people will fold the flop but many won't fold for one bet on the flop when they already put two in preflop. Many of these guys will fold on the turn for a big bet. But at Party people often won't bet or raise with top pair and yesterday I lost a hand with AQ to AK, both unimproved and a hand with ATs to AQ also both unimproved. In both hands the winner just called the whole way. So if the table is very passive postflop I'm now just betting the flop. Is this a reasonable adjustment at these tables?

JDErickson
01-09-2004, 02:11 PM
rkiray,
Welcome back to the jungle /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Party does support notes. Right click on the players name. You can get your session stats by right clicking on your name.

You are right there is a lot of turn over in .50/1.00. I still use Poker Tracker and find it useful. I just limit the players to all over 50 hands. Cuts out the occasional players. You can get more than 1 HH at a time. Click on game# in right corner.

As far ar the passive postflop syndrom, you are right. You usually have to show down the best hand. If you don't have anything get out. Be careful with TPTK also as 5 fish to the river there is a good chance your hand will get beaten. If you continue to be aggresive and show down a few good hands you usually will start getting respect but not always. I tend to switch tables if I can't get my image planted in the first few orbits.

One last note. If you are playing more than 1 table I would suggest waiting until approx $200 to move up. $100 goes very quick at 2 tables of 1/2.

Good luck. See you on the tables

Jim

rkiray
01-09-2004, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the info. I had tried clicking on the avatars. Your methond works much better. /images/graemlins/cool.gif