PDA

View Full Version : 2-5 NL Turn choice

MHoydilla
01-09-2004, 11:09 AM
5 handed ealier tonight at shoe. I get dealt Ts 8s (250) on the button, and rasie to 10 afrter 1 limper, One of the blinds(700) calls than the limper(1000) makes it 25 to go, we both call. Three to the flop Td 6d 7s the blind checks hes pretty staight foward and no the limper bets 20 I make it 100 to go and the blind folded and the limper raised me all (info on the limper hes agressive, but not clueless likes to make and show bluffs. He made a few small size raises earlier with nut/nut like hands.
What to do facing the reraise?

TheGrifter
01-09-2004, 11:34 AM
Based on your description of this player you are most likely facing overcards or an overpair. I think I would pick this spot to catch the opponent in a bluff. You have to remain aggressive in NL and if you allow your opponent to steam roll you when you have top pair and a straight and gutshot flush draw then when are you going to challenge him? The fact that this board would seem to favor a bluff makes the decision for me. Call. Worse case scenario he has an overpair to the board and you still have a decent chance of winning the hand.

turnipmonster
01-09-2004, 12:38 PM
If you have a great read on this player, then good. otherwise, I don't like the preflop button raise, and I really really really don't like the flop raise.

that being said, you have a very short stack, and you have half of it in the pot already, so you're getting a little better than 2 to 1 on your money. you are probably a dog, but I would call. there is some chance he has overcards, and you are probably drawing live to your 6 outer.

--turnipmonster

theBruiser500
01-09-2004, 12:48 PM
You guys think he has overcards? Limping then reraising preflop. Then on the flop he reraises again? Unless he's a very tricky player, sounds like an overpair to me.

Turnip, why don't you like his flop raise? If it were me I think I would have raied to $80 or $70 maybe, so I had room to get away from the hand if he came over the top, but why shouldn't he raise at all?

Whether you call sounds like a math question, are you getting odds to draw out on him... I think you have more than 5 outs too, you have a 10, 9, or 8, so 9 outs... Also, if there is any chance he has just overcards that helps your call.

danny

turnipmonster
01-09-2004, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You guys think he has overcards? Limping then reraising preflop. Then on the flop he reraises again? Unless he's a very tricky player, sounds like an overpair to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

me too. I think he probably has an overpair, but as I said I do think there is some chance that he has overcards, that he would play AK this way. given the preflop action, I would put him on an overpair, but it never hurts to think of what he may have if I am wrong in my read.

[ QUOTE ]

Turnip, why don't you like his flop raise? If it were me I think I would have raied to $80 or $70 maybe, so I had room to get away from the hand if he came over the top, but why shouldn't he raise at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

I mostly agree. by raising to 100 he's almost pot committing himself with a hand that can be beat 6 ways to sunday. a gutshot just doesn't excite me here. besides, to most live NL players, a call is far scarier than a raise. I just think he could have picked a better spot to commit his whole stack than this.

--turnipmonster

AJo Go All In
01-09-2004, 04:38 PM
the preflop raise is kinda ugly. either limp or make a nice-sized raise. you want to have some hope of stealing the blinds or set up a bluff. with your raise you are basically representing exactly the hand you have.

1800GAMBLER
01-09-2004, 09:02 PM
fold after the limper. fold after the limpreraise. fold the flop. fold the reraise.

bunky9590
01-09-2004, 09:14 PM
Fold preflop. I hate the raise.
If you do come into this pot, limp. You have position.

Okay you have position on the flop and the flop is good but not great. Call. That will really get him thinking. You have 7 super clean outs to two pair, trips or straight. See it cheap. He is deep and has you covered.

If a blank falls on the turn and he bets big, you have to fold. Might as well try to complete your hand on the turn for 20. There is 100 in the pot after his bet and you have to call 20. you're getting 5:1 odds to spike those two and with the implied odss you getting it pays to see the turn.

The flop raise is just bankroll suicide. It looks like he has Big pair from the limp reraise. Probably KK or AA by the minimum reraise. He wanted callers.

You have the odds to run him down on the Turn, use them.
If you do hit then, he acts before you and play accordingly. position is a wonderful thing.

J.A.Sucker
01-09-2004, 09:21 PM
At this point, you are committed. If he has AA, you are drawing very live (2T's, 4 9's, 3 8's = 9 outs) twice. This is not bad, and the pot is laying you a good price. If he has AdKd, you're a coinflip. I don't like your original raise, but after the limp reraise, I think you should see the flop, since it's so little money and he can't take you off of a hand if you hit since your stack is so small. Now, you've hit your hand pretty hard. Push it in and feel fine about it.

J.A.Sucker
01-09-2004, 09:22 PM
This is not good advice.