PDA

View Full Version : QTs in BB

Piiop
01-09-2004, 02:22 AM
Party .50/1.00 10 handed. Table is loose-passive. No maniacs.

I have Q /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif and am the BB.

UTG raises, UTG+1 folds, next 3 cold-call, folded to SB who calls, I call

- The UTG player was pretty good and I respected the raise, but with all the callers I knew I would get paid off if I hit or be able to toss it easily. Would anyone fold with only 1 or 2 callers? Howbout no callers?

Flop (12 SB): 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB bets out (?), I call, UTG folds, next 3 call.

-The SB betting out was interesting. This was this player's 2nd hand at the table so I had no read. I've seen people bet out like this for many reasons so I really didn't know what he could be holding. It would've made sense for the SB to check-raise the PF raiser to trap us all with trips or nut-flush, right? I assumed UTG would raise with basically any hand worthy of an UTG raise. Since she folded, it didn't really matter anymore but I'm guessing something like AK or AQ with no clubs. Also, with 3 callers I was a little worried that one held the K /images/graemlins/club.gif or A /images/graemlins/club.gif. Would anyone ever raise the SB here?

Turn (8.5 BB): 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB bets out again, I raise, next 3 fold, SB calls

-Here was my big problem with the hand. I thought I should raise to see if anyone else was on the flush draw and to get a lone K or A to fold. I wasn't sure if they would've called if I hadn't raised anyway, but I might've gained more bets.

River (12.5 BB): 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, I bet, SB folds.

Anyone fear a full-house here? If the SB check-raised would you just call or 3-bet?

So, I didn't get to SB what the SB was betting with which was kind of annoying, but I did win a nice big pot. My main question on this hand is my turn raise. Did I miss any bets that I could've made by calling the turn and raising the river?

Thanks in advance.

daveymck
01-09-2004, 08:09 AM
You made your hand I think you have to be agressive with it particulary as you do not have the nuts, if you pure call you are giving the A and K (if they are there) an easy call for their draw, they will call the raise anyway but make them pay to see it dont give it cheap.

If raised on the paired board on the river thn personally I would just call as he could have the nuts flush or made the full house if you have the nuts maybe its a consideration.

Interesting to see what the more experieced think of this one.

ramjam
01-09-2004, 09:21 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
It would've made sense for the SB to check-raise the PF raiser to trap us all with trips or nut-flush, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Arguably. But perhaps he's a simple soul (like me) who believes that it's best to bet out with a big hand.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Would anyone ever raise the SB here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. There's nothing you'd like more than overcards and gutshots to fold because then maybe you can pick this pot up by snagging a Q or T. If they all fold, you may get the option of a free card on the turn. If any of them don't fold, and if there is any pair or OESD that calls, you should still be making money on your raise because you have such a good chance of ending up with the best hand.

Rico Suave
01-09-2004, 10:43 AM
Hey Piiop:

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen people bet out like this for many reasons so I really didn't know what he could be holding. It would've made sense for the SB to check-raise the PF raiser to trap us all with trips or nut-flush, right

[/ QUOTE ]

Without any read on the sb, it would be hard to put him on any type of hand when he bets out. I have seen people literally bet into a pf raiser everytime no matter what. In addition, if I were the sb, I would probably lead out if I caught a piece of that flop (say A7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif) hoping that the pf raiser will raise me and thin the field, thus giving me a better chance to win this pretty big pot. If I were the sb and had something like a set or 2 pair, I would still bet out for the same reasons as well as the likely hood that I could 3-bet.

I think you played the hand fine. I wouldn't have raised the sb flop bet and I would have called a river raise after the board pairs.

--Rico