PDA

View Full Version : Too aggresive ??

JDErickson
01-09-2004, 12:18 AM
Opponent in this hand a good player.

Party Poker 1/2 (9 handed)
Hero has 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif and is UTG

Hero limps, MP3 limps, CO limps, Button folds, SB limps, BB checks

Flop(5 SB): T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB bets, BB folds, Hero raises, MP3 calls, CO 3-bets, SB calls, Hero caps, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls

Turn(10 1/2 BB): Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, Hero bets, MP3 folds, CO raises, SB folds, Hero 3-bets, CO caps, Hero calls

River(18 1/2 BB): 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero bets, CO raises, Hero 3-bets, CO caps, Hero calls

Results below in White
<font color="white"> opponent flipped QTs for the higher boat </font>

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-09-2004, 02:40 AM
Played fine, it happens.

umdpoker
01-09-2004, 02:43 AM
i would do the same thing. pocket paired trips are usually money when the board pairs. nothing you can do about it.

ramjam
01-09-2004, 09:52 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Opponent in this hand a good player.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's a good player, and you consider the whole course of his betting action through the hand (including the pre-flop limp in relation to your own UTG limp), bearing in mind that a good player thinks about what you're giving so much action with and not just his own cards and that if you recognize him as a good player he presumably recognises you as better than the average fish, why are you so condident that you are ahead the whole way? At some point (perhaps the turn cap, certainly the river raise), it seems more likely than not that he has a bigger boat. What hands can he have that make him like both the flop and the turn so much, even though you keep betting and raising into him? If he were a known LAG or a mindless fish who doesn't think about how his Q2o compares to what you have, I would play it like you did. But not against a "good" Party 1/2 player - I don't remember seeing many capped turns in that game.