PDA

View Full Version : 2/4 - New limit for me, two hands

TazQ
01-08-2004, 04:35 PM
First hand at the table, dealt K7o in the CO.

A few limpers to me, I check, button and blinds come along.

Flop: K Q 3 - two diamonds

MP2 bets, I raise, button cold calls, MP1 cold calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: [ K Q 3 ] 6

Checked to me, I bet, button calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

River: [ K Q 3 6 ] 9

Flush didn't get there.

MP2 checks, I check, button checks.

Only thing that worried me was the button cold calling the flop. I would of bet the river here easily at .50/1, but I think my expectations of the players at this level may be a little too high right now.

Another hand:

I open raise UTG+1 with AQo.

Two MP cold callers, button reraises, I call, rest call.

Flop is rags. (Sorry no hand histories)

I check, one of the MPs bet, other MP folds, button calls, I call.

Is this too loose? Even if my Ace isn't a clean out the 14-1 odds I'm getting should be good enough to chase a Queen.

Turn brings the Ace.

I bet, MP calls, button raises.

How do you procede? Fold? Call down? Should I have even seen the turn?

Thanks, and sorry if these are routine.

J.R.
01-08-2004, 05:37 PM
Hand 1: I would probably check the river unless I had a read these players were clueless. I don't have very high expectations for a better hands folding or worse hands calling.

Hand 2: With the vague description, you can genrally say "ick" to being in this situation with AQo. When I am 3-bet with AQo, I generally assume I am pretty far behind. Calling the flop is close, because you may get there and still be behind. Without a read the button was gonzo I would fold this turn after betting. But a better play may be to check the turn, call a bet and lead the river (perhaps check-call again if the opponent is persistently aggressive), as KK, QQ or JJ will often bet the turn if you check. But I don't feel too comfortable with any of these options.

MikeyObviously
01-08-2004, 05:53 PM
well...its impossible to comment on the second hand, not enough info...

And the first hand? yeah i think thats some good playin'...but valuebet the river. valuebetting top pair weak kicker into two people may seem like a bad play...but the people at 2/4 party consistanty call down with middle and third pair.