PDA

View Full Version : Strange AA hand - 1/2 UB

stantheman
01-08-2004, 04:33 PM
Here's a weird one. I'm in SB with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG limps, button limps, I raise, BB calls, UTG and button call.

Flop is 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet out, BB raises (he just posted so I have no read), UTG folds, button calls two, I 3-bet, BB caps /images/graemlins/shocked.gif button folds, I call.

Turn is 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I check, he bets, I call. (Headsup I'm thinking he could be betting anything from a 5 to a made str8. I may be ahead, but if not I have outs.)

River is K /images/graemlins/spade.gif (not one of my outs)

Checked thru.

I'm expecting a painful defeat, but he triumphantly flips T /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif for... I have no idea.

Anyone play this differently?

JDErickson
01-08-2004, 04:41 PM
Probably the only thing he was trying to do was intimidate you and the table. Some of these idiots get off on being the table maniac.

I would have played the same as you. Nice job

TheRake
01-08-2004, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm expecting a painful defeat, but he triumphantly flips T /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif for... I have no idea.

Anyone play this differently?

[/ QUOTE ]

I probly check fold my T8s on the flop /images/graemlins/grin.gif

TheRake

thirddan
01-08-2004, 05:20 PM
I think you played this one ok, on the flop there are a lot of hands BB could have:total bluff, pocket sixes or higher, straight, or possibly two pair. If he has a set or straight you are in really bad shape and drawing to two outs or a runner runner miracle. If he is betting 5 and 4's you can outdraw. turn i would check/call like you did. his river check is strange as not many players will go for a river checkraise. the king doesnt help any hands that BB could have so it isn't a scare card. I might consider a value bet here as his check is very inconsistent with his play on the other streets. And as for him turning over T8, DanielNegreanu published an article for cardplayer about the Random Maniac Factor of online play, you might want to check it out. But i have found that some people are just crazy..

JTG51
01-08-2004, 09:23 PM
Bet the turn. It's going to take one more raise before I start thinking AA isn't the best hand. Most players at these limits will wait till the turn to raise a big hand so his flop raise screams weak hand that needs protecting, not monster.