PDA

View Full Version : Buying info for my 2 lovely ladies

me454555
01-08-2004, 03:59 PM
Party Poker 1/2 (9 handed)
Hero has Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is Button

UTG limps, MP2 limps, CO limps, Hero raises, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls, CO calls

Flop(10 SB): 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 bets, CO calls, Hero raises, BB folds, UTG folds, MP2 calls, CO calls

I was hoping this raise would do two things. 1)hopefully everyone checks the turn and I get to see the river free. 2) If I was 3 bet, I could fold pretty easily

Turn(8 BB): 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

MP2 bets, CO folds, Hero folds

B/c of the flop raise, I was pretty sure mp2 had at least an A so I folded w/a clear conscience.

Was this the right flop to buy information with a raise? I thought folding on the flop was weak and I didn't like the idea of calling either.

stantheman
01-08-2004, 04:15 PM
I'd do the same. If he either 3-bets on the flop or continues to show strength on the turn, you can be pretty sure he's got you beat (either an ace or a set). I say good raise, good fold.

TheRake
01-08-2004, 04:16 PM
Me,
I play it exacly the same. I often play Q's and K's in this fashion when an A flops. Calling seems bad and folding seems to weak. Good flop raise and good turn fold IMO.

TheRake

Noodles
01-08-2004, 05:47 PM
Good play,not only are you buying info,you may get a free card on the turn while also knocking others out giving you a better chance to win.
If you just called you would probably have to call to the river and if you lost or won would end up looking weak
Definetly the raise is the best option here.

thirddan
01-08-2004, 07:12 PM
I would play it the same way, if bettor is decent player he might have figured you for flush draw, when he bets out again on the turn when a non-heart comes he is almost sure to have you beat, if a heart had fallen you may have gottena free card on the turn. but i think pot must be a lot bigger in order for you to call this guy down.

JTG51
01-08-2004, 09:13 PM
I was hoping this raise would do two things. 1)hopefully everyone checks the turn and I get to see the river free...

In a marginal situation like this where you opponent is either betting a draw or has you drawing to 2 outs, wanting a cheap showdown is fine. Raising the flop, taking a free turn and making a decision on the river is not the best way to do it though. Bet the turn then give yourself the option of a free showdown. That way you collect the max from missed draws but still cost yourself the same amount to see a showdown.