PDA

View Full Version : Finding Games on College Campus

wacki
01-08-2004, 03:45 PM
I goto IU, and most of the people I play with are pretty easy to beat. What is a good way to find Poker Games on a college campus?

thirddan
01-08-2004, 06:21 PM
You might mention it to a few friends that you play poker, word will travel. If your school has bulletin boards where people can post "ads" for roommates and things like that you should post that you are looking for a home poker game and if anyone is interested to contact you (not sure of legal issues, but i doubt it would be a problem). If people know that you play poker you might be surprised to find that a friend of a friend of a friends also plays, this is similar to what happended to me and now i have two home games a week while im at school..Good luck

mosch
01-09-2004, 10:04 AM
When I was at school all I had to do was let friends know that I played and eventually I had invites to a number of home games, plus a game that ran upstairs at one of the bars.

Paul2432
01-13-2004, 12:44 AM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this. If you have a student center with pool tables, hang out there. Pool players love to gamble.

Paul

Ric
01-14-2004, 10:10 AM
If you mean Indiana University, I know of some guys at Purdue who have a home game, and they sometimes travel to a place in Indy that has mostly 5/10 and some 3/6 hold 'em. Personally, I don't go there yet, but I could get you in contact with someone who does if you're interested. It's probably too far away however, I don't know how far Indy is from Bloomington.

Hedge Henderson
01-16-2004, 02:21 AM
There's some good advice here. You've just got to ask around. Poker is everywhere. Make friends at the local pool halls and bars. Tip well. Bartenders know all sorts of things and many of them like to gamble, too.

If all else fails, start your own game with friends. Eventually you'll find more. One of our home game's regulars tipped me off to two more regular games, one only two blocks from my house. After three weeks playing at the closer game, one of the players there let me know about yet another game that was starting up just five blocks from my house. It's networking. Once you find (or start) a game, it becomes much easier to find more.

warlockjd
01-26-2004, 11:21 PM
There are regular 5/10 games in Bloomington. Don't have much more info to help you find them, but I know they exist