PDA

View Full Version : Hand for review

JeffO
01-08-2004, 02:49 PM
Party Poker 5/10,I'm on the button and am dealt J /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Folded to me and I raise, SB folds and BB reraises, I call.

Flop is 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB bets and I call? Heres my thinking I've got a gutshot straight draw with 2 overcards and a backdoor flush draw. Enough to call with?

Turn 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif BB bets and I call having picked up 9 more outs.

River K /images/graemlins/spade.gif BB bets, I raise and BB calls. I win the pot with my flush, BB doesn't show but he types in the box "OOH YOUR GOOD" sarcasticly I'm sure. Did I have enough to call the flop bet here?

HUSKER'66
01-08-2004, 02:52 PM
You played it fine IMHO.

slavic
01-08-2004, 02:56 PM
I think you played it fine though I proabaly would have raised the turn also but if you opponent can't fold (likely when he 3 bet pre-flop if he's not a normal blind defender) calling the turn is fine.

MaxPower
01-08-2004, 03:06 PM
I would raise the turn if there was any chance he will fold. This depends on what he will 3-bet with when you raise from a steal position. If it is AK or AQ, he might fold.

JTG51
01-08-2004, 03:10 PM
Folding on the flop would be terrible.

If your opponent is the type to give up on unimproved big cards before the river, I'd raise the flop and plan on winning the pot with a turn bet.