PDA

View Full Version : AJo from MP3

TheRake
01-08-2004, 12:29 PM
Same table. Full of fish, but for some reason I am really struggling. My guess it is because of hands like this one.

Party Poker 1/2 (10 handed)
TheRake has A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif and is MP3

UTG limps, MP2 limps, TheRake limps, Button limps, SB limps, BB checks

Flop(6 SB): T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, BB bets, UTG folds, MP2 folds, TheRake raises, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls

Turn(6 BB): 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB bets, TheRake calls, Button raises, BB folds, TheRake calls

River(11 BB): 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif

TheRake checks, Button bets, TheRake calls

Be gentle /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Result here &gt; <font color="white">Button shows 33 for the turned set</font>

TheRake

daveymck
01-08-2004, 12:39 PM
I think Joe Tall has views on playing AJ but apart from that thats poker, the Button was an idiot cold calling 2 bets on the flop with less than bottom pair.

I had a similar hand yesterday I was UTG with AA raised next guy in UTG1 cold calls the 2 bets flop held nothing scary so kept betting, he turned over 22 for a flopped set.

Joe Tall
01-08-2004, 12:47 PM
I think you played it fine. Sometimes I raise if preflop in this situation, but limping is ok.

2-outers happen, nice table selection.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Joe Tall
01-08-2004, 12:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think Joe Tall has views on playing AJ

[/ QUOTE ]

I think my views were expressed as playing AJo in the SB when there is a raise preflop. Cold-calling with it sucks, especially out of position.

Here, he played it fine, two different senerios.

Peace,
Joe Tall

daveymck
01-08-2004, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the clarification, after your comments yesterday I looked at my stats on AJo and found it to be a loser particulary when I had played from EP and MP, its a hand I am trying to think about at the moment.

Lost Wages
01-08-2004, 01:01 PM
With no obvious draws coming in I think you have to call it down against an unknown player. I would expect the button to show me A3 more often than 33.

Lost Wages

TheRake
01-08-2004, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the comments, I felt like my judgement got cloudy the longer I went last night because I kept getting beat by hands like this. When I looked at my hand history today they didn't seem nearly as bad as they did last night.

Normally I wouldn't play this hand if the table was aggressive, but this table was pretty passive BTF and I thought I could see the flop cheaply. Same with the A9s hand I posted.

TheRake