PDA

View Full Version : My nomination for bad bluff of the week -- Party $1/2 hand

colgin
01-08-2004, 11:18 AM
Party $1/2. I get T /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif in EP.

UTG+1 raises, I re-raise hoping to isolate. Everyone folds back to UTG+1 who calls.

Flop: T /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG+1 checks, I bet, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif [T /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif]

UTG+1 checks, I bet, he calls.

River: As [6 /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif]

UTG+1 checks, I bet, UTG+1 checkraises, I re-raise and UTG+1 . . . . FOLDS!

Look, at this point you are going to have to show me the rivered straight and if you have it I am going to pay you off. An addendum to the general advice that you should almost never bluff at low limit hold 'em might be that you should really almost never bluff re-raise on the end in low limit hold 'em. Of course, they are other reasons to bluff, like having your good hands paid off when you hit, but I think that is less applicable to low limit online where people are not paying that close attention and are moving tables quickly. Does anybody like the bluff here? Just curious.

Rico Suave
01-08-2004, 11:29 AM
Hey Colgin:

I certainly wouldn't bluff into someone with a set of Ts. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

--Rico

colgin
01-08-2004, 12:04 PM
Good point. I forgot to mention that I typed into the chat box, "I have a set of Tens, so don't try to bluff me on the river or anything." /images/graemlins/smile.gif