PDA

View Full Version : Red tens

Saborion
01-08-2004, 10:09 AM
2/4 at UB. 30 % ASF. Practically just sat down.

I`m dealt T /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in MP3.
EP1 limp, MP2 raise, I cold-call, EP1 call.
I cold called because I was new at the table and didn`t know if I could isolate him. Was hoping for one player + one of the blinds if I only called. Plus EP1 naturally.
3 to the flop.

[7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif] 3.5 BB.
MP2 bet, I raise, EP1 fold, MP2 call.
2 to the turn.

5 /images/graemlins/club.gif [7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif] 5 BB.
I bet, MP2 call.
2 to the river.

4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif [5 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif] 7 BB.
I bet, MP2 call.

Results below in white font:
<font color="white">My hand was good. MP2 had Ts Ac, and I know have him down for a calling station. </font>

crockpot
01-08-2004, 10:41 AM
i don't follow. you cold called because you weren't sure if you could isolate. fine. but you're hoping for only one or two callers? fire a third bet in there, especially at a 30%/flop table. the second raise intimidates a lot more than the first, and may even get EP1 out. if you're too afraid of being behind to make this move, then just fold now, which is not unreasonable.

the rest of the hand is pretty straightforward. no reason to stop betting or to not raise the flop.

Rico Suave
01-08-2004, 10:47 AM
Hey Soborion:

I would probably 3-bet pf, even not knowing the texture of the table. I think it is worth 1 more sb to ensure the pot is shorthanded and to see how much MP2 likes his hand.

Your post flop play looks good. I cannot see MP2 playing the way he did and having you beat, (unless it was a timidly played JJ).

--Rico

arfsananto
01-08-2004, 10:49 AM
Disclaimer- I feel that I fold too much and need to be more aggressive.

I think I would have check-called the turn, and I don't think I would have had the cajones to showdown against the straight showing, but See Disclaimer. It will be good to see what others think of this one.

Saborion
01-08-2004, 10:53 AM
Heh. Hmm... I wonder why I didn`t think there. Clearly my brain was shut down. So true. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Saborion
01-08-2004, 10:56 AM
You seem to forget that this guy raised pre-flop. Unless he did it with pocket 8's or maybe J's I have him beat.

But I should`ve 3-bet pre-flop. No doubt about it. SOOO stupid of me.

Rico Suave
01-08-2004, 10:59 AM
Hey arfsanato:

[ QUOTE ]
I think I would have check-called the turn, and I don't think I would have had the cajones to showdown against the straight showing

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have to remember that he is heads up against a pf raiser. I think against most reasonable opponents, you can eliminate a straight. What hands would he reasonably raise with from his position that contains an 8? Maybe 88, but unlikely. I would be more afraid of a weakly played JJ than a made straight.

I think there might be an arguement to check call the river, but only because he can only be called be hands that beat him. (But obviously that was not true here.....the river bet was for value /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

--Rico

colgin
01-08-2004, 11:02 AM
I would three-bet this pre-flop.

arfsananto
01-08-2004, 11:17 AM
I see what you're saying. I guess (in the .05/.10 games where I'm playing) I just see too many unreasonable plays. I see preflop raises with 88 and up, any Axs and any Kxs fairly often.

Rico Suave
01-08-2004, 11:26 AM
arfsanato:

[ QUOTE ]
I just see too many unreasonable plays. I see preflop raises with 88 and up

[/ QUOTE ]

I play mostly 1/2 and 2/4 and I see unreasonable plays like this all the time. There are players out there that raise pf with any pair from any position, but I do not see it often enough to make it my default read.

--Rico

Saborion
01-08-2004, 11:31 AM
You`ll see plays like that at higher limit tables as well.

I`ll open-raise with 66 and up from MP in the tighter games for instance. But I guess in your games you`ll never be able to open in MP. =)

Raising pre-flop with low/medium pocket pairs and Axs can be done on the button in loose games according to HPFAP. But, if the games are passive and very loose, there`s no need to do that since the objective of it is to bind the other players to the pot if the flop is favorable for you.

Trix
01-08-2004, 12:51 PM
Just 3bet..only 4 hands can be ahead preflop

bunky9590
01-08-2004, 12:55 PM
Three bet preflop to isolate. You'll get just as much info doing that and probably will isolate at UB. other than that, nice hand.

arfsananto
01-08-2004, 01:40 PM
So I'm seeing monsters under the bed, which is what I suspected. Thanks all.