PDA

View Full Version : Slow played AA in 0.5/1 PP game

Trix
01-08-2004, 08:39 AM
Im dealth A /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif in a 9-handed game
UTG1 Raise, Folded to me who coldcalls on the button, cuz i want the blinds to call...both does..
Flop: 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Small blind bets,BB calls, utg raises, i call 2 bets(thinking that im way ahead), blinds call.
Turn: Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Blinds Check,utg1 Bets, I think of raising, but decides that i prefer having both blinds call 1, instead of folding..(i should have raised here since alteast 1 prolly would call?), blinds call.
River: 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Blinds check,UTG bets, I raise,blinds fold, UTG calls.
results in white: <font color="white"> [UTG had 3h4d ...so i lost on the river...]

<font color="black"> Any input appreciated..
Thanks
-Trix

csuf_gambler
01-08-2004, 08:48 AM
never EVER slow play aces. raise/cap pre-flop. the flop looked harmless, raise/cap flop.turn looked harmless also, raise/cap turn

daveymck
01-08-2004, 08:53 AM
One pair even top pair is not strong enough to slow play on these micro tables you gave the trash ample chances to catch a hand and they did.

I would have reraised preflop and 3 bet the flop to try and get the blinds out or pay for their draws. I also would have raised the turn as well for the same reason and cos you are probably ahead.

The river I would not have raised as the straight was potentially out there.

Saborion
01-08-2004, 09:20 AM
I would`ve thrown in a raise earlier than the river. My old me would`ve raised the flop, but the new me might`ve waited until the turn to raise. In your case I think you made a mistake not raising the turn. The pot it big, so why risk being outdrawn. Your main priority right now should be to win that pot. So raise, and make the blinds pay for their possible draws.

But as the others posted, AA is a good hand, but not good enough to slowplay. The people at that level will pay you off anyway, so bet it.

Once again, when the pot becomes big, your main priority is to win it, and you increase your chances of doing so by getting other people to fold their hands.

Rico Suave
01-08-2004, 11:46 AM
Hey Trix:

[ QUOTE ]
Folded to me who coldcalls on the button, cuz i want the blinds to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure you want to the blinds to call, but you want them to call for the max! 3-BET!!!

Now the flop is pretty ugly and not very coordinated, so I can forgive your flat call on the flop, but you have to raise the turn to protect your hand. The pot is pretty big, do what you can to win it--and flat calling both the flop and turn does nothing to help you win.

UTG1 may never have folded to any of your aggression, so the result may have been the same, but that does not change the fact that you were WAY too passive here.

--Rico

Trix
01-08-2004, 12:05 PM
Agree...should probably just have raised preflop and bet/raised all the way and won on the flop or turn...

thx for the help..
-trix

Hallett
01-08-2004, 03:20 PM
Just a thought, but twice in your post you decided not to get aggressive, because you want the blinds to call. I think that is a huge mistake. What you want to do is make it expensive for other players to keep going. The ones that have 'something' will follow, which is what you want. Don't focus on getting the blinds to follow along, focus on the ones who think they can get better. It will net out the same, or better for you, in that you might loses two callers, but still have two or more callers who will pay an extra bet.

Go back and look at this hand again, from the perspective of the UTG. He thinks he is ahead the whole way. The only time he gets any resistance is when you raise the river, and by then his hand is made.

Good luck!