PDA

View Full Version : Over aggressive on the river?

BugsBunny
01-08-2004, 03:16 AM
UB 1/2 10 handed

Hero is UTG+1 with A /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG limps
Hero limps
MP limps
LMP limps
CO limps
Button limps
SB completes
BB checks

8 to the flop
Flop: 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB checks
BB checks
UTG checks
Hero bets (I'll bet at a flop like this - one card in the playing zone with a rainbow un-coordinated flop - more often than not no matter what I have in my hand. The one difference is that I usually like to do it with no more than 3 opponents - but figured I'd take a stab here)
MP calls
LMP calls
Button calls
UTG calls

Five to the turn:
Q /images/graemlins/club.gif [7 /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif]
UTG checks
Hero bets - I suspect someone has a Q but have had no resistance yet. They may be slowplaying them but so be it. I now have a nut flush draw.
MP calls
UTG calls

3 to the river:
8 /images/graemlins/club.gif [Q /images/graemlins/club.gif [7 /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif]]
UTG checks
Hero bets
MP raises (found who has the Q)
UTG folds
Hero re-raises (just call here? I don't see any reasonable boat combination with a Q. PP8 carried to river? earlier spiked set?)
MP caps
Hero calls

Comments? the flop bet was a little over the top I'll admit with that many limpers - but I've seen it take down that many before and it doesn't have to work very often - and I would fold to a raise with only 1 overcard)

RESULTS in white: <font color="white"> MP shows Qh 3h for the boat and takes down a $34 pot</font>