PDA

View Full Version : Action flop

1800GAMBLER
01-08-2004, 01:37 AM
$1/$2, loose and passive as every, full table now though, AKd in LP I raise 2 limpers to $10. Two loose players coldcall my raise, button and SB. Both have been calling most of my raises.

Flop:

A Q Tr

I think if either of them has AK AJ Ax it isn't being folded, if they have AQ AT KT TT i'm only going to find out about it at the turn, at which point i'll be all in with the hopes of my redraw. Still there's a lot more than those hands they could hold right now.

SB bets $14. I raise to $84, i wanted to push in but stacks seemed too deep (both have buy in). Button folds, She calls.

Turn:

2o

I put her in. She calls.

Comments?

Bogatog
01-08-2004, 04:49 AM
What is the buyin anyway? I think you're playing at Prima rather than Party which is what i'm used to. Just curious how much more you had to put in on turn after the 84 on flop.

After the raise and call on the flop I would assume you saw two pair of some variety. maybe even trips although I think the trips would have put you in on the flop. Anyway, I'm guessing that you were behind on the turn when you pushed in.

Hopefully I'm wrong, or you managed to suck out on em.

1800GAMBLER
01-08-2004, 05:09 AM
A9. Prima is $200 buy in. I'm wondering if i should have slowed down on the turn.

Guy McSucker
01-08-2004, 05:49 AM
Jay,

If you're getting action from A9 here, and A8 in that other hand you posted recently, there is no way you should slow down on the turn.

I guess that if you are behind on the flop, most often you will be reraised, since the pot is already getting large. So when you're just called, you can value-bet again quite safely against this kind of opponent.

A tougher opponent might not give any further action unless you are behind; in that case you might be better off shutting down: checking the turn and thinking hard about calling the river, which could be a bluff.

But any river card above nine will give you a headache, so I prefer to bet the turn I think.

Guy.

1800GAMBLER
01-08-2004, 06:06 AM
Plays would be a lot easier lately if they'd just give me A 5 2r flops with AK and a player with AQ. Thanks for both replies.

theBruiser500
01-08-2004, 11:09 AM
What is "prima"? I hear it mentioned a lot.

danny

Snow
01-08-2004, 02:15 PM
Prima is a poker network of different pokersites linked together. Royal Vegas, The Gaming Club, Crazy Vegas, 7 Sultans just to mention a few of the members.

1800GAMBLER
01-08-2004, 08:54 PM
A poker site that must give free drugs to it's players.