PDA

View Full Version : AKo hand for review.

fluff
01-08-2004, 01:14 AM
Royal Vegas (Prima) 0.5/1, 9 handed. No real read on anyone, other than that the whole table is slightly on the passive, weak tight side.

Dealt to Hero in LP [A /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif]

UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, EP calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero raises, Button folds. SB Calls, BB folds, EP calls, MP1 calls. 4 to the flop, 9 SBs.

Flop [Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif]

SB checks, EP checks, MP1 checks.(Your move?). Hero bets. SB calls, EP1 folds, MP1 folds. 2 to the flop for 5.25 BBs.

Turn [J /images/graemlins/club.gif]

SB checks. (Your move?). Hero bets. SB calls. 2 to the River for 7.25 BBs

River [6 /images/graemlins/club.gif]

SB checks. (Your move?). Hero bets.

Input welcome!
SB

Tosh
01-08-2004, 01:20 AM
I check the river here. Your hand might be good and I can't see many worse hands calling. I also doubt you'll fold a better hand at micro limit.

fluff
01-08-2004, 04:05 AM
SB folded to the river bet.

My commentary: Raising PF is automatic, as is betting the flop after it has been checked around to me. On the turn I picked 3 more clean outs due to possible straight draw (only 3, because the T /images/graemlins/spade.gif can make someone a flush). I would not bet out here acting first, but since SB checked again, I figure I'd throw in a bet, and fold to a check-raise. This play is probably questionable.

Since SB just called, I put him on a flush draw (most likely), overcards, or possibly a pair lower than Q.

On the river, the flush is busted. I'd tie to overcards, and lose to any pair. I will win against busted flushes anyway, but if he had a low pair, I must try to make him fold. So I bet. My reasoning is that I only have to be correct 1 in 7 times here to make this a good play.

Would love to hear what other people think! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

thirddan
01-08-2004, 04:40 AM
I would check the river. If you plan on folding to a checkraise why give your opponent the opportunity? I doubt that any pair would fold and you will never get a J or Q to fold in this spot. The only thing you gain by bettting is that you might get a very small pair to fold. But since he called you all the way i would check this and show down my AK. Glad it worked out.